Rack Server with 16+ Hotswap bays?

HueyTheGod

Hey guys! I know you don't usually deal with the server cases as much as you do the regular desktop cases, but I am sure some of you all can help. Right now, I can not find a good 3U/4U rack server that is short in depth (445mm or less) and has 16+ hotswap bays, or a lot of 5.25" bays or a mix of internal, external, and hotswap. Now, the real challenge is finding this for under $200. Really, I can get a 10 3.5" internal and 3 5.25" to convert to 5 3.25" case for $80 but any big 16/20/24 hotswap bay will cost me $300 or so. Can any of you lads help? EEB/ATX/MicroATX/Mini-ITX, doesn't matter. 

My dream build is a watercooled 450D or 750D with a i7-4930k and 2 780 Ti's in SLI. My realistic build is a $1500 budget build. 

I need a job.

Hm, not sure if such a thing exists, usually server cases are

pretty deep, 445 mm is rather short.

Maybe iStarUSA have something for you, they make a few unusual

rack cases. Not sure about prices though.

http://www.istarusa.com

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hm, not sure if such a thing exists, usually server cases are

pretty deep, 445 mm is rather short.

Maybe iStarUSA have something for you, they make a few unusual

rack cases. Not sure about prices though.

http://www.istarusa.com

Wow, they have a lot of items on there that I wouldn't have found on Newegg due to a lot of them being discontinued.

This case looks great :L http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165241

My dream build is a watercooled 450D or 750D with a i7-4930k and 2 780 Ti's in SLI. My realistic build is a $1500 budget build. 

I need a job.

Wow, they have a lot of items on there that I wouldn't have found on Newegg due to a lot of them being discontinued.

This case looks great :L http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811165241

Yes, they have quite a few interesting offers. Unfortunately

they are very hard to get where I live, so I haven't really

delved into their catalogue too heavily.

You might also be able to find something on eBay, I've seen

some unusual 19" chassis on sale there quite a few times.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yes, they have quite a few interesting offers. Unfortunately

they are very hard to get where I live, so I haven't really

delved into their catalogue too heavily.

You might also be able to find something on eBay, I've seen

some unusual 19" chassis on sale there quite a few times.

I just think it is annoying how they try to bank on people by adding 20 hotswap bays and adding $200 -_-

I need a job.

I just think it is annoying how they try to bank on people by adding 20 hotswap bays and adding $200 -_-

Yeah, but hotswap bays aren't cheap in general unfortunately. I mean,

there are 3 × 5.25" -> 5 × 3.5" hotswap cages that cost between 100 and

200 USD where I live, and that's just for five drives.

Yeah, but hotswap bays aren't cheap in general unfortunately. I mean,

there are 3 × 5.25" -> 5 × 3.5" hotswap cages that cost between 100 and

200 USD where I live, and that's just for five drives.

Yeah, those cost about $40 or so for plastic ones. Then there is the Icydeck or what ever that cost $150 for fine looking aluminum lol.

I need a job.

I need a job.

Yeah, no way to get Rosewill where I live unfortunately, only the

expensive stuff.

Yeah, no way to get Rosewill where I live unfortunately, only the

expensive stuff.

Darn man, sorry for you. Is it because they won't ship to you or because shipping would cost to much?

I need a job.

Darn man, sorry for you. Is it because they won't ship to you or because shipping would cost to much?

Won't ship to me, can't get them at local retailers, and even if they

did ship, shipping costs, taxes and fees would likely negate any price

advantage.