Artifacting on secondary monitors in Blizzard games only DX12 Only

Kirah

Right so I’m about to MC freaking lose it with this, I keep getting artifacting on my secondary monitors while playing wow in DX12 mode.

Keep in mind this Only happens in wow and some other blizzard titles, it does not happen in other games nor in benchmarks.

Things I have already tried
Uninstall GFX card drivers using DDU to get a clean install
Tried doing a clean installation of Windows 11
Tried replacing all monitor cables as well as moved them around.
I have RMA’d two rx6950 xt’s already primary due to coil whine but also to see if it fixed it and it did not.
Tried Plugging my GPU in to another PCIe slot.
Enabling / disabling windows windowed application optimization
Enable / disable triple buffering
Enable / disable vsync
Enable / disable FidelityFX
Tried running the game in normal windowed mode

Has anyone Any idea what else I can try to crush this gremlin

38 minutes ago, JeffreyLF said:

Have you tried another monitor? 

If it was a monitor problem, surely it would not just affect a single game, no?

Are both monitors the same refresh rate? I've heard of that happening a lot when the monitors are different refresh rates.

Other than that trying a different monitor to see what happens like JeffreyLF suggested.

8 minutes ago, Zomeguy said:

Are both monitors the same refresh rate? I've heard of that happening a lot when the monitors are different refresh rates.

Other than that trying a different monitor to see what happens like JeffreyLF suggested.

Oh, forgot to mention, setting them all to the same refresh rate also has no effect tried plugging in my monitor I use for my server just as a sanity check still the same problems

5 hours ago, Kirah said:

yes and no, also you said its several games? 

to be clear this *is* most likely a monitor/ driver issue. 

So it doesn't happen with DX11?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 hours ago, Kirah said:

I'd try anything else, maybe even a tv to see if the issue replicates, then you would know for sure it isn't an issue with the monitor

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your above post about trying another monitor. Honestly, this is such a weird issue I wouldn't even know where to begin troubleshooting it beyond a new monitor.

21 hours ago, Kirah said:

Does it show up in screenshots? If yes, it's not the monitor. 

And if it does, post the screenshot so we can see what it looks like.

2 hours ago, JeffreyLF said:

I'd try anything else, maybe even a tv to see if the issue replicates, then you would know for sure it isn't an issue with the monitor

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your above post about trying another monitor. Honestly, this is such a weird issue I wouldn't even know where to begin troubleshooting it beyond a new monitor.

I tried a monitor I had for my server as well as my TV for a sanity check, and it still happens on those

18 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes and no, also you said its several games? 

to be clear this *is* most likely a monitor/ driver issue. 

So it doesn't happen with DX11?

yeah, does not happen with DX11, and it primarily happens in blizzard games like WoW, Hearthstone and D3

it also does not happen in games like cyberpunk 2077 for example

1 hour ago, Bjoolz said:

Does it show up in screenshots? If yes, it's not the monitor. 

And if it does, post the screenshot so we can see what it looks like.

I have not been able to take a screenshot as It's so fast and random, but it's like a green line at the bottom of my monitor going in a cross horizontally 

6 minutes ago, Kirah said:

I tried a monitor I had for my server as well as my TV for a sanity check, and it still happens on those

yeah, does not happen with DX11, and it primarily happens in blizzard games like WoW, Hearthstone and D3

I have not been able to take a screenshot as It's so fast and random, but it's like a green line at the bottom of my monitor going in a cross horizontally 

I've tried to find any info of this ever happening before and I can't, maybe try updating your motherboard bios if you can and see if that helps, otherwise I am unfortunately out of ideas

6 minutes ago, Kirah said:

Oh that. I have seen that but not in a very long time. I think the last time was when I first got my 5700xt which was late 2019. I fixed it but I can't remember what I did to do so. 😞

1 hour ago, Kirah said:

Recordings work equally well (Not sure if AMD has anything similar to Shadowplay's instant replay), though it sounds like a Freesync bug if you use that. 

1 hour ago, JeffreyLF said:

I've tried to find any info of this ever happening before and I can't, maybe try updating your motherboard bios if you can and see if that helps, otherwise I am unfortunately out of ideas

yeah i have been looking as well and i just cant find anything i tried re installing the latest mobo bios once again no luck

57 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

Recordings work equally well (Not sure if AMD has anything similar to Shadowplay's instant replay), though it sounds like a Freesync bug if you use that. 

im not using freesync ugh why is AMD still such a royal pain in the ass after all this time i should have just gone with nvidia