Where to get information for CPU (and motherboard, PSU, ecc) IDLE power consumption?

olimexsmart

I think that most Home Labs are doing almost nothing like 90% of the times, thus this is a very important decision factor

Moreover, how much other components, such as the motherboard and the PSU, can impact this measure?

Use something like HWInfo to get the reading from the computer and then a wall plug with a reading. That's how you can also calculate efficinecy as well as how off PC's own reading on power cuntsumtion are.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Maybe I was unclear, the question was from the point of view of a buyer (like many people here looking for suggestions) that has to choose between different options

Not talking here about measuring an existing system

3 hours ago, WereCat said:

PSU effects it a lot because most PSUs have quite bad efficiency under 10% load.

It's true, to a surprising degree. My PowerEdge R730XD dropped its idle power consumption by about 30 watts when I swapped the 1100w power supply for a 750w. (It idles a little under 200 watts on average.) I might even be able to get away with a 495w in the thing.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.