New Ultrawide monitor, can't get Display scaling to work right when in PBP mode

I have a new 5120x1440 Ultrawide monitor with picture-by-picture mode. I have two computers hooked up to it, my gaming rig and my work laptop. My gaming rig works perfectly with the monitor, switching to 2560x1440 when in PBP. My work laptop displays fine in 5120x1440, but when I turn on PBP mode it maintains its resolution and the image is scrunched into half the width.

The laptop is a Dell Precision 5540 with Intel graphics. After researching the issue, I tried downloading Intel's Graphics Command Center and setting the Display Scaling to Custom, but this caused the whole image to go haywire and I had to restart the computer to get things back to normal.

At a redditor's recommendation I looked up the max resolution for my laptop (which is hooked up through a USB-C dock to the monitor via DisplayPort) and found the following:

Supports maximum resolution

• DP: 4096 x 2304 u/60 Hz, 24 bpp
  • Option DP: 4096 x 2304 u/60 Hz
  • Option USB type-C Alt mode: 4096 x 2304 u/60 Hz
  • Option VGA: 1920 x 1200 u/60 Hz
  • Option HDMI2.0: 4096 x 2160 u/60 Hz

So it looks like my resolution is not technically supported, but I've gotten 5120x1440 to work anyways, so I feel like I should be able to make it work in PBP too somehow, right?

Please help if you can, thanks!

The issue was with my USB-C dock. I bought a DP to USB-C cable to cut out the middle-man and everything works great now.