iFi Zen Can with DT770 Pro 80Ohm for my turntable

Leychee
Go to solution Solved by ImWilly,
1 hour ago, Leychee said:

Topping DX1 I bought didn't work, I decided to go for an iFi Zen Can. Will the sound quality be any good with this setup?

Unless you got a golden ear, chances are you won't notice the difference

Do I need a 3.5 to 4.4 adapter to plug my headphones into the amp? Or is the included 6.3 adapter enough?

It's quite a mixed bag, in my opinion, using unbalanced (3.5mm & 6.3mm / quarter inch) and balanced (4.4mm) doesn't really give that many improvements

Some would claim that balanced sounds better, but I can't vouch for that

So, as long as it works, I say it's fine. Enjoy your hi-fi setup

I recently bought an AT-LP120XUSB turntable and already owned a nice pair of DT770 Pro 80Ohm.

Since the Topping DX1 I bought didn't work, I decided to go for an iFi Zen Can. Will the sound quality be any good with this setup? Do I need a 3.5 to 4.4 adapter to plug my headphones into the amp? Or is the included 6.3 adapter enough?

I am a complete newbie so any help is much appreciated.

GPU 7900XTX CPU 5800X3D RAM 2x16GB DDR4 3600Hz CL18 PSU be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W 

Case Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitors 1440p 165Hz 27" (H) - 1080p 120Hz 24" (V) Audio DT770 Pro/Momentum TW2 

Laptop 2023 MacBook Pro 14" M2Pro Phones iPhone 13 Pro Max/Galaxy S20+/Galaxy S9+ Wearable Apple Watch Series 8

My full rig

Topping DX1 I bought didn't work, I decided to go for an iFi Zen Can. Will the sound quality be any good with this setup?

Unless you got a golden ear, chances are you won't notice the difference

Do I need a 3.5 to 4.4 adapter to plug my headphones into the amp? Or is the included 6.3 adapter enough?

It's quite a mixed bag, in my opinion, using unbalanced (3.5mm & 6.3mm / quarter inch) and balanced (4.4mm) doesn't really give that many improvements

Some would claim that balanced sounds better, but I can't vouch for that

So, as long as it works, I say it's fine. Enjoy your hi-fi setup

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Just keep in mind that the audio output in the rear is Balanced, so if you're trying to output the audio from the Zen Can to external speakers, the speakers will need Balanced inputs. I think you can also buy some converter box to convert the output to unbalanced, but I've never done this before, so I have no recommendations.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |