PC restarts only when idle

kmanchine

Ok so i got really weird problem with my pc restarting but only when its idle, it would wake up from sleep and restart or when i walk away it would restart aswell. i can play games and use pc with no problems and no errors at all.
once it restarts it creates dmp file where it says nvlddmkm.sys caused crash, tdr video error, device/video3, event id 0, or so it says in event viewer. Screen goes black for 1-2s then it restarts pc.

Steps i have taken so far:
DDU clean driver install with both new drivers, or old driver
System restore from backup where that error did not happen.
MSI afterburner underclocking gpu
SFC scannow and DISM commands.

Ran memtest to check for memory errors.

Basically everything i could find on web by searching for that error.
All drivers are up to date and running latest versions.
PC specs:
i5 11400f
zotac 3060
24gb of ddr4 ram 2400 MHZ
Windows 11 latest update.
I am using 3 monitor setup, 1 gsync with display port, 1 hdmi and 1 displayport to hdmi converter in case that info is usefull.
I have dusted pc off, and max temps are in 60-70c max under heavy load.

Does it only happen when wake up from sleep, or does it happen with a fresh boot too?

What refresh rate do the monitors have?

Is there any BIOS update that mentions system stability in similar situation?

13 minutes ago, kmanchine said:

System restore from backup where that error did not happen.

The PC did not originally do this? What (if anything) has changed in that time? (software or hardware)

1 minute ago, Tetras said:

Does it only happen when wake up from sleep, or does it happen with a fresh boot too?

What refresh rate do the monitors have?

Is there any BIOS update that mentions system stability in similar situation?

The PC did not originally do this? What (if anything) has changed in that time? (software or hardware)

No it hapens from fresh boot, wake up, but it happens once i am done with pc or i standup to finish something up.
one of monitors is 144hz rest are 60hz, bios update is same one that was running before this started happening,
this started ~15 days ago, couple days prior to it i installed 2nd ssd for games, but it was running fine for ~7 days before this started happening.
Only update that happened was nvidia driver. Rest of system was on same driver versions as when restarting was not happening.

3 hours ago, kmanchine said:

this started ~15 days ago, couple days prior to it i installed 2nd ssd for games, but it was running fine for ~7 days before this started happening.
Only update that happened was nvidia driver. Rest of system was on same driver versions as when restarting was not happening.

Hmm. I wouldn't expect one SSD to cause reboots, but it is possible I suppose. Is this a M.2, or a SATA SSD? No possibility that the cable is broken, or the SSD is making contact with the board?

There's potentially a small amount of heat that the SSD could add to the chipset (if that's what it goes through?), but I'd have expected the chipset to have thermal throttle protection anyway.

The driver is very easy to rollback, but I notice you already tried that.

nvme m.2 ssds, they are not covering any chips and i have plenty of air going over ssd