Pc having a hard time booting + System thread exception not handled blue screen (can It be a bad motherboard ?)

System configuration:

I7 4790k (no Overclock)

16gb ddr3 RAM

Gtx 970

M.2 ssd

2 hdd

1 sata ssd

If I got at least 24hours between two start ups, the pc will either freeze when loading windows while booting, boots up and freezes within 5 minutes even If I do nothing or freezes when booting and throws me a "system thread exception not handled" blue screen.

I tried to boot without my gpu, It still did the same thing

I tried to boot with only one stock of ram It still did freeze while booting.

I even switched my cpu to a perfectly working I5 4690 and It didn't work aswell.

No pins are bent In the cpu socket

Could It be a bad motherboard or power supply ?

what dose the blue screen say...

there could be anything that causing it...

but ied say backup w/e you can b4 you cant...

it can be costly to try and trobble shoot. with an old system it might just be build something new imo

trouble shooting can mean buying a bunch of parts to test and find what part it is... can be something small or not... 🤷‍♂️

more info about what i had happen to me.

back when i had a p4 i got alot of blue screens and it was a psu that was the problem

another time my ram for w/e reason would cuas artifact and at that time i new i had to attempt a back up. lucky i did and soon after it would not boot. but i had to downclock it and worked fine... 🤷‍♂️ but i did have to format thow.

if you want do the free stuff like format, if you can swap parts with another pc.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Interesting symptoms ngl how long have you been using the sata SSD plus what model is it. Might be it being used to much and pretty much dying. If not yeah the psu swap might not be a bad shout

If you can get it stable for long enough: Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

21 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what dose the blue screen say...

there could be anything that causing it...

but ied say backup w/e you can b4 you cant...

it can be costly to try and trobble shoot. with an old system it might just be build something new imo

trouble shooting can mean buying a bunch of parts to test and find what part it is... can be something small or not... 🤷‍♂️

more info about what i had happen to me.

back when i had a p4 i got alot of blue screens and it was a psu that was the problem

another time my ram for w/e reason would cuas artifact and at that time i new i had to attempt a back up. lucky i did and soon after it would not boot. but i had to downclock it and worked fine... 🤷‍♂️ but i did have to format thow.

if you want do the free stuff like format, if you can swap parts with another pc.

Fortunately enough I actually did swap parts like the cpu, removed the gpu (and getting an output from the apu), removed all of my storage drives other than the ssd which I boot of of and did every slots of ram I could but nothing worked yet

1 minute ago, Mr Vig YT said:

Fortunately enough I actually did swap parts like the cpu, removed the gpu (and getting an output from the apu), removed all of my storage drives other than the ssd which I boot of of and did every slots of ram I could but nothing worked yet

i mean the blue screen tell you and error and can tell you what the problem is so a pic of it would be helpful.

did you swap psu?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

20 hours ago, ItsDestini said:

Interesting symptoms ngl how long have you been using the sata SSD plus what model is it. Might be it being used to much and pretty much dying. If not yeah the psu swap might not be a bad shout

To confirm that It's not the "boot ssd" I'll try tomorrow to boot of of another drive.

Oh so It could be as well the power supply !

Interesting because before when I turned on my computer, sometimes It tripped the breaker assigned for my floor (but I think It's a really well knowned problem which my dad told me to plug another plug that "smooth out the call of current" If you get what I mean)

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i mean the blue screen tell you and error and can tell you what the problem is so a pic of it would be helpful.

did you swap psu?

This Is the blue screen I get every now and then

A "System thread exception not handled"

IMG_20230802_095432.jpg

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

did you swap psu?

I did not swap my psu yet though

But could It be my motherboard aswell ?

4 minutes ago, Mr Vig YT said:

I did not swap my psu yet though

But could It be my motherboard aswell ?

could be anything... 🤷‍♂️ dont no how to read screen...

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

could be anything... 🤷‍♂️ dont no how to read screen...

The code of the blue screen says "System thread exception not handled"

7 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

If you can get it stable for long enough: Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

Do you have a video I can follow through, not sure If I can correctly do this and I don't want to make the system more unstable

22 minutes ago, Mr Vig YT said:

Do you have a video I can follow through, not sure If I can correctly do this and I don't want to make the system more unstable

No. And you can't break anything, doing it incorrectly would just give you a permission error or make the copies corrupt. These are just log files from the crashes, you could just delete them and the system wouldn't care in the slightest. 

7 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

No. And you can't break anything, doing it incorrectly would just give you a permission error or make the copies corrupt. These are just log files from the crashes, you could just delete them and the system wouldn't care in the slightest. 

Ok !