Green Vertical Line on IPhone 13 Mini?

paulyron

So recently I noticed there is a vertical green line on my iphone 13 mini.  This is on the right side of it.  Now normally I wipe my phone with clorox wipes whenever it is dirty and had no issue.

Previously I would use alcohol and tissue and put a tiny amount of alcohol to wipe the screen and everything.  I recently used alcohol on a paper towel on it.  Then a while later, that vertical green line appeared.  Now it isn't always

there.  When I close it but not power it off, sometimes the green light would go away.  Then a bit later it comes back on the screen.  What wipes do people use on their phones when they want to screen the screen and everything? I have one of those clear cases with it where it covers the side of the iphone and the back so the front is exposed as I am not a fan of those cases that cover the whole iphone.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do here?  Is it possible a recent IOS update caused this?  I had this iphone 13 mini for almost 2 years or so and it worked fine during the whole time.  Now I never buy insurance.  But does this sound like alcohol got inside my iphone 13 mini that caused it?  What should I do now?  Should I power it off and power it on and maybe that would fix it?  I rarely power off my iphone ever as rarely do I turn it fully off.  Now what about putting it in white rice?  Would that help?  Now how much would it cost to fix this issue if I had to do that?  So far when that vertical green line is there, it doesn't really obstruct the screen as it is thin.

5 minutes ago, paulyron said:

So recently I noticed there is a vertical green line on my iphone 13 mini.  This is on the right side of it.  Now normally I wipe my phone with clorox wipes whenever it is dirty and had no issue.

Previously I would use alcohol and tissue and put a tiny amount of alcohol to wipe the screen and everything.  I recently used alcohol on a paper towel on it.  Then a while later, that vertical green line appeared.  Now it isn't always

there.  When I close it but not power it off, sometimes the green light would go away.  Then a bit later it comes back on the screen.  What wipes do people use on their phones when they want to screen the screen and everything? I have one of those clear cases with it where it covers the side of the iphone and the back so the front is exposed as I am not a fan of those cases that cover the whole iphone.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do here?  Is it possible a recent IOS update caused this?  I had this iphone 13 mini for almost 2 years or so and it worked fine during the whole time.  Now I never buy insurance.  But does this sound like alcohol got inside my iphone 13 mini that caused it?  What should I do now?  Should I power it off and power it on and maybe that would fix it?  I rarely power off my iphone ever as rarely do I turn it fully off.  Now what about putting it in white rice?  Would that help?  Now how much would it cost to fix this issue if I had to do that?  So far when that vertical green line is there, it doesn't really obstruct the screen as it is thin.

Like this? This usually happens after impact damage, from drops etc.

7327bd14-2852-4486-8827-7ed85c85da4e

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Yes like that.  Is that your iphone by the way or you just found an image online of an iphone with a vertical green line?  The vertical green line is on the right side of my iphone 13 mini... while the picture you posted is on the left side.   The vertical green line picture you posted seems just a bit more brighter than mine though.

I might have dropped my iphone 13 mini once and if so, that would been months ago though. This vertical green line showed up just recently and I believe it was a bit after I cleaned it with a paper towel with alcohol but I believe I used too much alcohol.  I think I got some alcohol into the charging port at the bottom of the iphone 13 mini because I used more alcohol that I typically could.   Alcohol or wetness can cause this as well?

If that is your iphone, are you able to fix it?  Do you know the exact cause of it?

46 minutes ago, paulyron said:

Yes like that.  Is that your iphone by the way or you just found an image online of an iphone with a vertical green line?  The vertical green line is on the right side of my iphone 13 mini... while the picture you posted is on the left side.   The vertical green line picture you posted seems just a bit more brighter than mine though.

I might have dropped my iphone 13 mini once and if so, that would been months ago though. This vertical green line showed up just recently and I believe it was a bit after I cleaned it with a paper towel with alcohol but I believe I used too much alcohol.  I think I got some alcohol into the charging port at the bottom of the iphone 13 mini because I used more alcohol that I typically could.   Alcohol or wetness can cause this as well?

If that is your iphone, are you able to fix it?  Do you know the exact cause of it?

Impaxt damage and no fix other than screen replacement

49 minutes ago, paulyron said:

This is just from google. I found ones with more lines and on both sides and so on. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

• 1 month later...

Okay so a bit after this, the vertical green line got lighter and not as bright. Then a bit later, the green vertical line went away. However, a bit later, the green vertical line came back again and wasn't that bright. Then a while later, green vertical line went away. Then few days later, it has come back and it is very bright line.

I am close to positive this happened a bit after when I was wiping the iphone with it's case with a paper towel and a lot of alcohol and I am pretty sure alcohol went inside the charging port of it as I even went wiping the alcohol there. Is that most likely the cause?

But what was the reason for the green vertical line going away but then coming back and then going away but then coming back and now it's been a very bright green vertical line ever since? Is it possible to get any alcohol out of my iphone or you can't anymore? The thing is back then I always used alcohol to wipe my screen and the back of it but this time I used way too much. Other times I used clorox wipes and that never caused an issue on the screen so did using too much alcohol caused this? Is there anything I can do to try to fix it? Is the only way buy a $200 screen and then bring it to a shop where they probably charge $150 or so at least so it would cost $350 plus tax total to fix this?

On 10/24/2023 at 9:59 AM, paulyron said:

Okay so a bit after this, the vertical green line got lighter and not as bright. Then a bit later, the green vertical line went away. However, a bit later, the green vertical line came back again and wasn't that bright. Then a while later, green vertical line went away. Then few days later, it has come back and it is very bright line.

I am close to positive this happened a bit after when I was wiping the iphone with it's case with a paper towel and a lot of alcohol and I am pretty sure alcohol went inside the charging port of it as I even went wiping the alcohol there. Is that most likely the cause?

But what was the reason for the green vertical line going away but then coming back and then going away but then coming back and now it's been a very bright green vertical line ever since? Is it possible to get any alcohol out of my iphone or you can't anymore? The thing is back then I always used alcohol to wipe my screen and the back of it but this time I used way too much. Other times I used clorox wipes and that never caused an issue on the screen so did using too much alcohol caused this? Is there anything I can do to try to fix it? Is the only way buy a $200 screen and then bring it to a shop where they probably charge $150 or so at least so it would cost $350 plus tax total to fix this?

This is likely caused by a broken connection in the panel itself, that somehow managed to reconnect, maybe because of thermal expansion, and disconnected again. This cannot be fixed without replacing the screen.

I am no expert by all means, so I might be wrong.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

The daily:

CPU: Core i5 12500H

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR5-4800

GPU: RTX 3050 Ti mobile

PSU: 230W Power brick

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

But how did this happen then?  So it has nothing to do with my charging port?  So let say my the port that I connect my iphone to the charger is wet and I get water into the charging port, that would still not cause this to happen?

But can one continue to use the iphone with the green vertical line though?

@paulyron this video might interest you:

TL;DR it is hardware fault (not software).
Broken traces in the OLED substrate or the flex cable, can be fixed but not by Apple that is for sure (because they don't give a F)...
And I have no idea where you would find a repair shop that does this (that isn't in China).

Good luck, and if you want something repairable... don't buy Apple stuff.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

So you are saying 100% it is impossible for too much alcohol getting into the iphone to be able to cause this?

So noone here had this happen due to having their iphone cleaned or wiped with too much alcohol?  So it isn't possible for alcohol to cause this?  I don't think this is true.  I mean if you were to put an iphone into a small bucket with alcohol and put it there for few minutes and then take it out, this wouldn't happen?

Would a phone repair shop be able to take a look at it and tell you 100% the reason for it?  Such that if you tell them you had lot of alcohol on it such as alcohol most likely got inside the charging port of it... the repair shop would be able to tell you if that caused it?  

Now how much would it cost to get new screen and having new screen replaced?  Is it $200 plus tax so $220 for screen.  Then another $150 for repair so $370 at least total?

Apple would charge more for this?  The thing is this is an iphone 13 mini so it isn't that old of a phone... well to most people it is because most people keep getting the newest one..  I am fine with the iphone 13 mini but this green vertical line is very annoying.  I mean I can still use it... but the green vertical line is very bright.

Does anyone know if 100% alcohol cannot cause this?  I am close to positive this did because lot of alcohol was on the screen and probably in the charging port when I used a paper towel with a ton of alcohol poured on it