RTX 4070 ti Has Horrible Frame Times with Shaders in Minecraft

CaymanJedi

I was playing Minecraft with a friend using a modpack. I tried several different shaders and none of them made my game run properly. This was my first-time trying shaders as I have just got my PC. Is there a problem and if so, how do I fix it? I tried watching videos, but I couldn't find anything on the topic and the videos were unrelated. I thought 4070 ti could run this well. Is this the graphics card?

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I didn't say this before but in case it's useful here; It runs other games like Starfield for example, on max graphics well and my friend I referred to above doesn't even have a graphics card but running it fine.

If other games run fine, then it is not the GPU. It's a modded game, you can't make assumptions based on a modded game's issues.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Most of the shader packs for Minecraft Java rely on something like Optifine to run properly & need the correct version of both that and the shader pack for the version of Minecraft.

Some shader packs need certain settings chosen in the shader menus in order to work as well.

Resource packs may also work better with a particular shader pack and settings.

I do not use Minecraft Bedrock but assume there are similar choices to make, although that version does support RTX ray tracing.

The difference between running recommended software setups and not can be night & day.

Nearly all the resource and shader pack creators have detailed guides on thier websites for installing and running thier mods.

If you still have issues after researching the above then you might need to adjust some other settings in the GPU drivers or the server settings to improve performance, there are guides out there but they tend to be specific to the mods used and not general 'how to' guides.

I personally use BSL shaders with John Smith's Legacy resource pack under Optifine (all updated for  MC 1.20) on an RTX 3080 with Freesync and have no issues with fps or frame pacing.

9 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

If other games run fine, then it is not the GPU. It's a modded game, you can't make assumptions based on a modded game's issues.

That would explain how it could run other games with max graphics well, just not Minecraft. Sorry for assuming this, I have only had a PC for a few days now and didn't know exactly what to expect. Have a good day.

27 minutes ago, CaymanJedi said:

That would explain how it could run other games with max graphics well, just not Minecraft. Sorry for assuming this, I have only had a PC for a few days now and didn't know exactly what to expect. Have a good day.

Please also keep in mind that Minecraft relies heavily on both the CPU and the GC.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂