Nvidia Shield

MrPibbles

Hey, I was wondering if you huys would consider Nvidia Shield (http://shield.nvidia.com/) a console or pc? (maybe something else?) I don't really know what to call it, It's a controller, but it's also like a PS Vita, but it plays your steam library. I'd have to say it's a console because it's not really upgradable. Your opinion?

I would consider it a hand held console.

"No signature"

I would consider it a hand held console.
I would agree, the a PC is a general computing device, this is however designed around gaming and having those games potentially streamed onto it.

Running a Tegra 4 processor so we know it will perform not sure how it will run games though (When it's not connected to your PC) I mean it's running android not sure how it will run windows games. But if I had the extra money when it came out I would buy it I wouldn't go out of my way to save for one though.

P.S. Shouldn't this be in Mobile Gaming?

I would consider it a console for sure. It's a handheld gaming device that wants to be more than just a handheld gaming device... N-gage seems like the most appropriate comparison. I kinda wish Shield had phone functionality...

The streaming worked really well, but honestly I think most of the time I'd be using it to play cheesy emulated SNES games on the Tegra 4, NOT streaming my PC games because a controller is not really appropriate for the genres of PC games that I enjoy.

/$0.02

I would consider it a console for sure.

I think of the Gameboy Advanced SP I had with this special controller hudilidudeli thingy. And I have always considered my Gameboy a gaming console, on par with my Playstation 3 (might be wrong, but thats my opinion).

Anyways, I am super excited for the Shield, seeing as it is running android, it will be able to do some pretty cool stuff, possibly even emulating a phone via something like Skype.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I don't really see the market for it. Don't get me wrong, the streaming is cool, however this only works with PCs with an nVidia 650 and upwards, you will need a decent connection to stream properly, works only over WiFi and i just don't really understand why anyone would want to game PC games with a controller, whilst sitting in their homes, with a decent gaming rig sitting there and not use it. My opinion of course, and i will watch reviews of it obviously, just not sure how big the market is. Having said that, the technology it uses is great, albeit limited, but it shows the strength future technology can hold.