Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

BigAinsley407
Go to solution Solved by Bjoolz,
1 hour ago, BigAinsley407 said:

I think i did what u said correctly

New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip 759.77 kB · 0 downloads

It looks like a mix of corruption and RAM. If you run SFC, does it find any corruption? If it does, the memory would be my suspect for the root cause, the corruption happening because of the crashes. Use the machine normally with one stick at a time and see if only one causes crashes. 

Whenever i download or update something on my pc i get BSOD with the failure code as Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. What does this mean and what are potential fixes. 

I have checked and my NVME/ssd is seated correctly. I am on windows 10.

Part list:  

I do not have the msi motherboard i have a Asus b550 pro

Just now, BigAinsley407 said:

Whenever i download or update something on my pc i get BSOD with the failure code as Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. What does this mean and what are potential fixes. 

I have checked and my NVME/ssd is seated correctly

Part list:  

I do not have the msi motherboard i have a Asus b550 pro

is mainboard clock and time correct?

Do you have any dump files? Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

On 9/13/2023 at 4:48 PM, Bjoolz said:

Do you have any dump files? Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip

1 hour ago, BigAinsley407 said:

New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip 759.77 kB · 0 downloads

It looks like a mix of corruption and RAM. If you run SFC, does it find any corruption? If it does, the memory would be my suspect for the root cause, the corruption happening because of the crashes. Use the machine normally with one stick at a time and see if only one causes crashes. 

On 9/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, Bjoolz said:

so far the sfc came up clean. i am now testing my ram. So if i don't give a reply after this it means its resolved an i'll mark it as solution.