Problem with operating system. (I guess...)

martin07

Hello everyon
e I have an i

Spoiler

ssue, after I stop moving my mouse for like 2 minutes or so, my CPU usage will hit 100% It doesnt even need to be on desktop, even on youtube while watching videos,

Its new PC that I built (month +-) and I dont think it was doing this from the start but after windows 11 updates I started noticing this wierd pattern. So I started doing my investigation in task manager, but nothing showed up and usage remaind on 3% +- so I thought it was some sort of bug or backround update. but after I cloused the task manager it happend again. I found out that when I do nothing and it will hit the 100% usage (I have Nvidia overlay so I can see it) and I try to open task manager or move my mouse again it will drop to normal 3% or so. So I opend option in task manager called: reasurce tracking. and I found out what caused it... or so I belive it. I put it in attachment.

Its some sort of file? or program.. I have no idea. I will be greatful for every suggestion. (Btw excuse my english)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.2295

Procesor: i5 13600K (dont think GPU is the problem but just to make sure its rtx 4070 OC)

Mobo: Gigabyte Z690 gaming DDR4

Desktop Screenshot 2023.09.11 - 19.39.07.69.png

11 minutes ago, martin07 said:

Hello everyon
e I have an issue, after I stop moving my mouse for like 2 minutes or so, my CPU usage will hit 100% It doesnt even need to be on desktop, even on youtube while watching videos,

Its new PC that I built (month +-) and I dont think it was doing this from the start but after windows 11 updates I started noticing this wierd pattern. So I started doing my investigation in task manager, but nothing showed up and usage remaind on 3% +- so I thought it was some sort of bug or backround update. but after I cloused the task manager it happend again. I found out that when I do nothing and it will hit the 100% usage (I have Nvidia overlay so I can see it) and I try to open task manager or move my mouse again it will drop to normal 3% or so. So I opend option in task manager called: reasurce tracking. and I found out what caused it... or so I belive it. I put it in attachment.

Its some sort of file? or program.. I have no idea. I will be greatful for every suggestion. (Btw excuse my english)

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.2295

Procesor: i5 13600K (dont think GPU is the problem but just to make sure its rtx 4070 OC)

Mobo: Gigabyte Z690 gaming DDR4

Everything points to the fact that you have malware on your system.

Malwarebytes time or full os wipe, drive wipe and reinstall and then well change all passwords as you have malware!

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Everything points to the fact that you have malware on your system.

I didnt think about that because the pc is new and the only thing I do for past month is playing dying light, cyberpunk and Wot. I wasnt even that active on internet.. So should I reinstal windows?

1 minute ago, martin07 said:

I didnt think about that because the pc is new and the only thing I do for past month is playing dying light, cyberpunk and Wot. I wasnt even that active on internet.. So should I reinstal windows?

Yup recommend that but first malwarebytes too and take a usb that hasn't been connected to this pc and make a bootable windows usb on another computer with a fresh iso from microsoft.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Yup recommend that but first malwarebytes too and take a usb that hasn't been connected to this pc and make a bootable windows usb on another computer with a fresh iso from microsoft.

I have last question how do I wipe the ssd sorry to sound silly I just generaly dont trust tutorials on yt.

10 minutes ago, martin07 said:

I have last question how do I wipe the ssd sorry to sound silly I just generaly dont trust tutorials on yt.

When booting from the windows stick just format the drive when you get to that part in the installation

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

When booting from the windows stick just format the drive when you get to that part in the installation

Thank you so much for suggestions and your time