HDMI SPLITTER NOT WORKING WITH APPLE

InsanitySkies100

So we have a Wyrestorm MXV-0606-H2A HDMI matrix (switch/splitter) which mirrors a computer screen out to multiple projectors and TVs. We are currently switching from Windows to Apple. When we take the HDMI cord out of the old windows computer and plug it into our Mac Mini, it says the input is not supported on our monitor that it plugs into (the one being mirrored). We’re pretty confident that it is compatible with Apple after quite a bit of research and there’s no software on the old Windows computer that we need for it to work on the Mac Mini. We’ve tried calling the 24/7 support line for Wyrestrom about 30 times with no response (how ironic). We’re just stuck and figured putting something out here is better than doing nothing. 

If anyone has anything that could help or even just shot in the dark ideas, it would be much appreciated!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is the Mac Mini brand new? Or what was the resolution of the previous display that was connected to it? Could be the Mac Mini is trying to output an out of range resolution/color space/refresh rate for the WyreStorm. If it's connected via native HDMI port, it should be 4K, but if you're using a Lightning to HDMI dongle, I guess it could be 5K or more.

• 2 weeks later...

@InsanitySkies100 have you tried connecting the Mac Mini *directly* to the display? It could be a case where, as @Omon_Ra says, it's trying to default to a resolution either not supported by the Matrix, or one not supported by the end display. Bypass the switcher, make sure the Display itself works. If that's working, set the optimal/native resolution of the display, and try connecting to the switcher again.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 9/15/2023 at 9:22 PM, Omon_Ra said:

Is the Mac Mini brand new? Or what was the resolution of the previous display that was connected to it? Could be the Mac Mini is trying to output an out of range resolution/color space/refresh rate for the WyreStorm. If it's connected via native HDMI port, it should be 4K, but if you're using a Lightning to HDMI dongle, I guess it could be 5K or more.

So yes we ended up figuring it out, had to use the IP to adjusts the resolution output. The Mac mini was outputting 1080p resolution and then matrix was set to be outputting 4k resolution into displays that only supported 1080p.