PC wont turn on after installing NZXT Kraken 240 2023 AIO cooler

Sp0ops

Today i got my NZXT Kraken 240 2023 AIO cooler and installed, followed a video guide of the exact cooler and consulted the manual when needed. Got everything done with, connected everything with all the right pins and connections on the motherboard, dusted some things off and cleaned some external fans, then shut the PC all up and plugged everything in. Press the power button and nothing, not a single thing, no fans spinning, no RGB lights, no sounds no nothing. So i went to the Drawing board, i noticed that when i turn on the PSU the screen on the Kraken thats in front of the CPU turns on then shuts off after a second of being on.

Things ive dont to try and remedy this are following:

•Check for any leaks in the tubing(none that i can immediately see) 

•Resest CMOS maybe thinking that(not that either)
•Tried unplugging certain things seeing if it was an issue with not enough power going into the pc cause of new hardware(nope)

•Did tests to see if the PSU was fried(nope not that either)

•Reseated all the Ram, Pins, CPU, and everything with no avail

•Tried putting my old cooler in to see if that was it(not that either) 

Personally i think that it is the Power button some how not working, I ordered an external power button to see if that is the issue and if not then im at a loss. Everything feels so hollow, this PC is my passion project, the one thing i had that i was proud of and now it seems like its dead in the water(metaphorically) 

Please, please, please if anyone has any sort of an idea of how this can be fixed i would appreciate all the help i can get im so desperate right now for absolutely anything

3 minutes ago, Sp0ops said:

Today i got my NZXT Kraken 240 2023 AIO cooler and installed, followed a video guide of the exact cooler and consulted the manual when needed. Got everything done with, connected everything with all the right pins and connections on the motherboard, dusted some things off and cleaned some external fans, then shut the PC all up and plugged everything in. Press the power button and nothing, not a single thing, no fans spinning, no RGB lights, no sounds no nothing. So i went to the Drawing board, i noticed that when i turn on the PSU the screen on the Kraken thats in front of the CPU turns on then shuts off after a second of being on.

Things ive dont to try and remedy this are following:

•Check for any leaks in the tubing(none that i can immediately see) 

•Resest CMOS maybe thinking that(not that either)
•Tried unplugging certain things seeing if it was an issue with not enough power going into the pc cause of new hardware(nope)

•Did tests to see if the PSU was fried(nope not that either)

•Reseated all the Ram, Pins, CPU, and everything with no avail

•Tried putting my old cooler in to see if that was it(not that either) 

Personally i think that it is the Power button some how not working, I ordered an external power button to see if that is the issue and if not then im at a loss. Everything feels so hollow, this PC is my passion project, the one thing i had that i was proud of and now it seems like its dead in the water(metaphorically) 

Please, please, please if anyone has any sort of an idea of how this can be fixed i would appreciate all the help i can get im so desperate right now for absolutely anything

one very quick thing you can do is short the pins on the motherboard. this can eliminate the button because all it does is complete the circut between pins when touched. if youre careful and touch the right pins with a screwdriver it will turn on the same as normal

7 hours ago, Shooterdude34 said:

one very quick thing you can do is short the pins on the motherboard. this can eliminate the button because all it does is complete the circut between pins when touched. if youre careful and touch the right pins with a screwdriver it will turn on the same as normal

I did do this too and it never turned on either but i was just thinking i did it wrong so i bought another physical power button just in case

On 9/8/2023 at 5:11 AM, Sp0ops said:

I did do this too and it never turned on either but i was just thinking i did it wrong so i bought another physical power button just in case

Please post photos with the AIO on, including close-ups of where you connected things. 

Then...

Remove everything except the CPU and RAM. If it works, as the old cooler.  If it's good, switch to the AIO. Add the SSD... and so on until the PC is complete and/or you find the problem. 

Is Intel RST on or off?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

• 2 months later...

Have the same problem, plugging in the power for the Kraken 2023 leads to the mobo leds blinking a solid color (no evidence I can find about the meaning). Unplugging the Kraken power immediately lets the pc run and post like normal. I have a 5800x3d and 650 watt PSU, no gpu plugged in atm. What is going on???

5 hours ago, Hayden said:

Have the same problem, plugging in the power for the Kraken 2023 leads to the mobo leds blinking a solid color (no evidence I can find about the meaning). Unplugging the Kraken power immediately lets the pc run and post like normal. I have a 5800x3d and 650 watt PSU, no gpu plugged in atm. What is going on???

• You should contact DeepCool support. 
  • If they don't resolve it and offer RMA, do it.
  • You should come here and start a new topic (you can link to this topic if you like) if they won't/ can't resolve it. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂