AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT & 7800 XT Review

AdamFromLTT

Nitpicking but the red dots hover on the ray tracing core amount while Linus is talking about the compute unit amount at 1:44.

Screenshot (676).png

• 2 months later...

There is a RX 7700 VRAM usage graph at 6:20 in the video. Linus suggests not all the VRAM is being used and mentions if there are any updates, they will be listed in the description. I didn't see anything in the description obvious to me that looked like an update so am wondering if any knows and will share please, if there is a better understanding of what was going on there with VRAM usage and if it is resolved.

Thanks !

image.png

Over 13 runs tested as of today with Adrenalin 23.12.1 drivers and The Last of Us Part I version 1.1.2, it appears that the consistency issue has been mostly resolved through driver updates.

On 12/10/2023 at 10:24 AM, psionprime said:

There is a RX 7700 VRAM usage graph at 6:20 in the video. Linus suggests not all the VRAM is being used and mentions if there are any updates, they will be listed in the description. I didn't see anything in the description obvious to me that looked like an update so am wondering if any knows and will share please, if there is a better understanding of what was going on there with VRAM usage and if it is resolved.

Thanks !

See Jon's post for info on this ^