Dose the 7800xt worth the waiting?

Abdulrhman 276

Hello guys I have 6750xt for 2 month but now it’s broken dk why so dose the 7800zt woth the wait or just buy 6800xt for 1440p

Wait for what ? 7800xt releases today 🙂 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, Abdulrhman 276 said:

6750xt for 2 month but now it’s broken

The 'broken' description is quite vague

I would suggest to ask the retailer on where you bought for warranty

Aside of your broken GPU, RX 7800 XT is worth the wait and the sale starts today in North America, especially with USD499 MSRP, a fine cost down compared to RX 7900 XT with USD899 MSRP

But if you live outside of NA, you probably have to wait for a few months

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

34 minutes ago, Abdulrhman 276 said:

Hello guys I have 6750xt for 2 month but now it’s broken dk why so dose the 7800zt woth the wait or just buy 6800xt for 1440p

I would say so

As this video shows there is a pretty good difference between the 6800 XT and a 7800 XT. Those benchmarks are supposedly in 4K and if that's true the gap at 1440p will be even bigger.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

@PcBeExpensive The card isnt even out yet, I wouldn't trust such a video if I where you, the tester could've easily slapped in another GPU and called it the 7800XT, or even just use the same video 2 times and bait people into checking his video with the "not yet seen before in game performance".

@Abdulrhman 276 the card releases today, so you will be able check the reviews once they come in.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

15 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I would say so

As this video shows there is a pretty good difference between the 6800 XT and a 7800 XT. Those benchmarks are supposedly in 4K and if that's true the gap at 1440p will be even bigger.

Don't give your time to these fantasy benchmark channels. Good as a laugh and for discussion but nothing of value. If it was real AMD would have swooped down on his ass already for constantly breaking NDA for several days in a row now.

54 minutes ago, Abdulrhman 276 said:

More worried about the fact that you've bought a new card and within a few months its dead, that you haven't checked in with the seller or RMA'd the card. At least get a refund on a broken product.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 hours ago, ImWilly said:

The 'broken' description is quite vague

I would suggest to ask the retailer on where you bought for warranty

Aside of your broken GPU, RX 7800 XT is worth the wait and the sale starts today in North America, especially with USD499 MSRP, a fine cost down compared to RX 7900 XT with USD899 MSRP

But if you live outside of NA, you probably have to wait for a few months

The retailer is Amazon and they tell me to check with msi long story short I can’t access to warranty services 

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

Don't give your time to these fantasy benchmark channels. Good as a laugh and for discussion but nothing of value. If it was real AMD would have swooped down on his ass already for constantly breaking NDA for several days in a row now.

More worried about the fact that you've bought a new card and within a few months its dead, that you haven't checked in with the seller or RMA'd the card. At least get a refund on a broken product.

U can’t even imagine how sad is that with all the trying I will pay extra 100$ and wait for 2 month to fix it so for my time and the little mental health I have buy new 

11 minutes ago, Abdulrhman 276 said:

The retailer is Amazon and they tell me to check with msi long story short I can’t access to warranty services 

Sorry to hear that,

In bird culture, that is called a d*ck move (Rick and Morty reference)

Probably better to buy at nearby computer store next time

After some thoughts, you would better to just wait for a few days for reviewers to check in depth to compare the RX 7800 XT performance, such as Ancient Gameplays, LTT, GN, Hardware Unboxed, etc

In a meanwhile, if you CPU has integrated graphics, you can still use it to do some work other than gaming

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

2 hours ago, Alinz said:

@PcBeExpensive The card isnt even out yet, I wouldn't trust such a video if I where you, the tester could've easily slapped in another GPU and called it the 7800XT, or even just use the same video 2 times and bait people into checking his video with the "not yet seen before in game performance".

Oh shit forgot to check the release date, really sorry.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

GN has just released RX 7800 XT benchmark

In summary, RX 7800 XT is a successor of RX 6800, NOT RX 6800 XT

When the performance is compared between RX 6800 XT to RX 7800 XT, RX 7800 XT does performs better in average, but not generational better

In some games, RX 6800 XT performs better, so it's almost like both cards are exchanging blows instead of RX 7800 XT leading the comparison

Perhaps after driver update, it will improve the performance, but only time will tell

image.thumb.png.e6e79007c131599034a7499d583d112c.png

Phone:

If you are buying today, get the 7800 XT because it has a very slight edge over the 6800 XT and can get better with driver updates, whereas the 6000 series cards are probably as good as they're going to get.

Your 6750 XT should still be within return/warranty period. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 hours ago, Abdulrhman 276 said:

I want the long story why you cant warranty it.
You have proof of purchase, you have a serial number, you have only had it for two months so you are within the time window. 

https://www.msi.com/page/warranty

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

I want the long story why you cant warranty it.
You have proof of purchase, you have a serial number, you have only had it for two months so you are within the time window. 

https://www.msi.com/page/warranty

It's not hard for me to believe MSI would try to screw OP, but he needs to push them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16