Gaming headset to block outside noise; which one to get

Joeriio

Hi guys and galls,

My PC is suffering from coil whine and it's driving me insane. For those not familiar, coil whine is a relatively high pitch buzzing electrical sound. I tried solving the problem itself but I just had to give up after many tries.

Since the sound is still bothering me I figured the next best thing would be getting a good gaming headset. I am thus in the market for a gaming headset that is particularly good at blocking outside noise. Of course sound quality is also important to me, however my main concern is blocking any outside noises.

I did some research myself and I'm torn between either the JBL Quantum 910, Steelseries arctis nova pro, and the Turtle Beach stealth pro. I'm curious which one you would get in my situation (budget between these is not a factor). Also open for other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Have you considered a headset with active noise canceling (ANC) instead?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Have you considered a headset with active noise canceling (ANC) instead?

Thanks for the reply, 

All the headsets that I posted above have ANC, I was just wondering which of the three you guys would advise. And also wondering whether ANC is indeed the way to go or whether just a headset with a good seal would also suffice.  

8 hours ago, Joeriio said:

All the headsets that I posted above have ANC, I was just wondering which of the three you guys would advise. And also wondering whether ANC is indeed the way to go or whether just a headset with a good seal would also suffice.  

ANC generally requires a good seal to be effective, so they should have a good seal on top of ANC. From personal experience good seal + ANC is clearly superior. My PC doesn't have coil whine, but even under full load with all fans going I hear nothing when my headset is on (Sony WH-1000XM4).

I would advise you to search for reviews of these headphones. That should give you a better idea of which one to pick. Personally I tend to avoid anything labeled with "gaming" like the plague. It usually just indicates an inflated price for an otherwise subpar product.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply