Buying intel i9 CPU from Aliexpress

i found this i9 cpu on aliexpress and im so tempted to buy it, what do you  guys think about buying CPUs off aliexpress? is there a chance it could be a fake i9 ?

Intel Core i9-10900T es i9 10900T es QTB0 1,5 GHz 10-Core 20-Hilo de procesador de CPU L2 = 2,5 M L3 = 20M 35W LGA 1200 - AliExpress

edit: its actually garbage and wont even show as i9, it will show as CPU 0000 LMAO, happy i didn't buy it blindly.

It is not fake it is a engineering sample so might not be stable. In my opinion for regular use 10th gen isnt that good so go with Lga1700 cpus or AM5. if you are already in the platform a regular i9 would be a good choice but for anything else buy a newer cpu even a i5 13600 would likely better than i9 10900 more or less. it is also a T series meaning its TDP is 35W. So if you are not going for a Super efficient high core count build this cpu isnt the right choice  

13 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

It is not fake it is a engineering sample so might not be stable. In my opinion for regular use 10th gen isnt that good so go with Lga1700 cpus or AM5. if you are already in the platform This (regular i9 would be a good choice but for anything else buy a newer cpu even a i5 13600 would likely better than i9 10900 more or less. it is also a T series meaning its TDP is 35W. So if you are not going for a Super efficient high core count build this cpu isnt the right choice  

ok so in general its gonna work fine ? and will it be detected as i9 in windows ?

It'll work but it has a very low clock speed 1.5Ghz, and with it being an engineering sample its possible that things like turbo boost don't work, it might not be that fast. You'd be better off switching to an AM4 platform if you want to upgrade, with something like a 3700X can be found for <£100 and a cheap b450 for ~£50.

Modern ES chips also may not be supported by up-to-date bios revisions on most motherboards. It used to be more common to expect them to work, but not so much anymore.

At best you’ll be rolling the dice.

16 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

ok so in general its gonna work fine ? and will it be detected as i9 in windows ?

No it just shows up as Genuine Intel cpu 0000 likely. and the seller clearly says the cpu doesnt support discreate GPU so likely no PCIE 

2 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

No it just shows up as Genuine Intel cpu 0000 likely. 

correct and its proven by buyers lol 

5 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

correct and its proven by buyers lol 

looking at reviews it is worse that a 9700Finterms of single core and slightly better in multicore and i would say 9700F is showing its age so not a good purchase at all.