R9 270x just caught on fire! (video)

ShadyHost

I had a 270x and a 7870 in my computer. 270x for gaming and a 7870 for the extra OpenCL performance in Adobe CC programs. 

My computer shut off during a game and when I opened the case a bunch of smoke came out. 

This is what happened:

i think you may have the video set to private.

its still processing

Also I have a question when on youtube if you set the video quality to 1080p does it also increase the audio quality too.

Summer is coming. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

dang this is kind of embarrassing the video is still processing 

Is it still under warranty cause if so i would be contacting AMD RIGHT NOW!!!! and telling them its happened and maby showing them the video... when its loaded xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Love how it happened to your computer and not a mining rig

Thats a great point maybe they be recalled after this issue, as soon as prices drop then there put on recall and sales halted that would suck

best I can do for now is post a GIF

HAHAHA i love your Signature (No Video Card :D) xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

HAHAHA i love your Signature (No Video Card :D) xD

It's been like that for several months. I was switching between Nvidia and AMD to figure out which one was best for Adobe CC and it turns out multiple cheaper AMD cards beat out even a Titan

Dude!

ttbH2ek.gif

It actually catches on fire with a brighter flash later in the video but I can't make a GIF that long 

It's been like that for several months. I was switching between Nvidia and AMD to figure out which one was best for Adobe CC and it turns out multiple cheaper AMD cards beat out even a Titan

OH ok xD well its works for the situation as well xD

Dude just sayin but if my pc started smoking i wouldn't go record it i would be pullin the plug 

:( My sentiments for your loss. I would have screamed not recorded thou lol

I would have been sick to my stomache and thought well how many 780ti"s buy you with 400$ NONE

I would have been sick to my stomache and thought well how many 780ti"s buy you with 400$ NONE

I have a lot of video cards. 780ti is definitely the best for the money. 

What if the drivers caused them to overheat?  :unsure:

Maybe just bad luck.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

DAMN

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount