Suggestions on what I need to look into.

Budget (including currency): R25 000 (+- $1300USD) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

Audio-Visual programs: Audio production software suchPro-Tools,reaper and such. Adobe related software like photoshop and after effects. Emulation and Virtual Machine software for various platform usabilities and lastly, Running demanding games with average to above average tier capabilities. 

My naivety towards the particulars of tech has grown exponentially over the years. Ive I've reached out here and there to try and gather my knowledge on what the various terms of certain  components are, what they mean and how it can be relevant to a build I'm planning on very soon. I want to try and gather enough info to gain the confidence in my idea to build it myself! Based on how much I can learn and understand of course. The specifics of this build has a lot of heart behind it.(Sentimental value) I'd love to hear your suggestions on what I can start to look into researching on what to look for in my build. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how I can achieve a build that serves as a entertainment/Media center, gaming capable, Work-horse of a machine! Of course, it goes without saying whether or not my budget would accommodate such a build. 

Thanks for reading! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bkFvVW\

This is somewhere to start. Most people go with some AMD card over the 4070, I forget what it's called but the moment you mention a 4070 I'm sure someone will call you out and mention it.

I'm also wary of the PSU...I would rather find a used V500/V650 from Cooler Master or a 600W PSU from Corsair....I haven't really looked into EVGA's PSU's that much.

I also have no idea how performance oriented this is - I just know it's a relatively new i7 and a 4070. You will be fine doing almost anything.

Also, the case has a glass panel, but there will be little to look at. I continue to see this case pop up so I assume it works fine.

Shipping sucks

43 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

What resolution do you play at?

I'll try and explain before I answere you because I feel as if I should have said a few things first. I'd like to mention that a build such as this will be a first for me on more than one level.

I say this mostly because most of whatever laptops or pc's I've owned, were either handed down or built from donated/gifted parts from family and friends. 

As far as my knowledge surrounding the complexity of pc's in general are, it's mostly observed and self taught. I don't consider myself someone adept at this whatsoever. I mean, I'm pretty familiar with a lot specifics but it's mostly in software and such. 

So to answer your question, I think I can tell you that the bare minimum for me would be 1080p. Most of my gaming experiences were from consoles and hand-me-down pc's so I truly have never been able to experience something that would be considered a mind blowing setup and considering my budget, I don't think that I'll be able get something mind blowing for someome whom is in the master race. For me, I feel comfortable knowing it'll be mind blowing for me at least you know? 

Hope it makes sense

1 hour ago, GSTARR said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bkFvVW\

This is somewhere to start. Most people go with some AMD card over the 4070, I forget what it's called but the moment you mention a 4070 I'm sure someone will call you out and mention it.

I'm also wary of the PSU...I would rather find a used V500/V650 from Cooler Master or a 600W PSU from Corsair....I haven't really looked into EVGA's PSU's that much.

I also have no idea how performance oriented this is - I just know it's a relatively new i7 and a 4070. You will be fine doing almost anything.

Also, the case has a glass panel, but there will be little to look at. I continue to see this case pop up so I assume it works fine.

Thanks you for your suggestions. I've taken notes. From what I gather, I'm able to make use of my budget from this. I think my biggest task for this build will be researching component compatibility as well as getting myself familiar with the various competing manufacturers and decide which essentially would meet my needs. That being said of course, from you mentioned here I do have somewhat of an idea what you meant with in regards to the 4070. I do know that there is somewhat some mixed ratings regarding the GPU but I do acknowledge that in essence, from everything I want out of this build that it will most likely exceed my basic expectations for what I want my build to be capable of. Which of course, is never a bad thing! So thank you very much for having the time to share this with me! 🙂

18 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

I gather you're not someone of many words but nonetheless I say thank you for sharing a business that's located within my country. I'm familiar with EveTech. Some years ago mates of mine shopped with them. I forgot about them completely! Anywa, thank you for listing the relevant parts as well as listing them individually based on your opinion of what I would need! Seriously, thanks! I will be taking notes! 😊

Just some tips & advice :

If there's an online marketplace link that you often use or will use to buy parts from, link it in your opening post, that'll be helpful for peoples.
Since we don't know what things available @ your country, and we don't know what kind of price they slap on stuffs available there.

IMHO, Try to keep to the latest gen if you can, or at least a DDR5 platform.

That way you don't use the budget for something that is being phased out too much. AM4 is pretty much EoL platform and Ryzen7000 is way faster.

Unless previous platform is way way cheap, which in most cases means buying it secondhand.

image.png.b9381c80756e1f5867688d9c170d31

image.png.1cdd74a94029cf4d316af993da8d16

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.