Synology DS220 IP Address Error

Hey y'all, I recently tried to connect my NAS directly to my PC via my motherboard's type-c port using an ethernet adapter. When trying to setup a static IP on my NAS, I accidently entered the wrong address, and now the NAS is not visible anywhere. I can't see it in Finder nor can I access it through Synology QuickConnect. Pls send help聽馃槶

is the USB-C/Ethernet adapter the only cable network adapter of your computer? Could you please share (if it's like 192.168.x.x) the current address of your NAS?

Not English-speaking person, sorry,聽I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.聽聽馃檪

2 minutes ago, mMontana said:

is the USB-C/Ethernet adapter the only cable network adapter of your computer? Could you please share (if it's like 192.168.x.x) the current address of your NAS?

My PC is also connected to the internet via ethernet. My NAS's IP address was聽192.168.0.86, but I accidently changed it to聽172.16.48.40 (IP address of my PC's ethernet connection).聽

I'd go with this. Copy the post into notepad before proceiding

• unplug your USB-C to ethernet adapter from your computer
  • find a spare ethernet cable from your NAS to the location on your PC
  • take note the current ip of your computer and the subnet聽
  • unplug ethernet cable from your computer, plug in the spare cable.
  • go to your nas, unplug ethernet cable and use the spare cable
  • configure your network adapter of the computer as 172.16.48.39,聽subnet mask 255.255.255.0
  • apply configuration and wait for a couple of minutes
  • open the web browser
  • try to connect to聽聽172.16.48.40, you should access to your NAS. Change the IP as you like it
  • Revert the steps and the configuration of your network adapter on the PC. Restore previous internet cabling access.

If you're still willing to have two network adapters, the one "dedicated" to the NAS should be without any gateway configured (on both sides). I cannot understand your goal for two network adapter on your pc, but... whatever.

Not English-speaking person, sorry,聽I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.聽聽馃檪

22 minutes ago, mMontana said:

I'd go with this. Copy the post into notepad before proceiding

• unplug your USB-C to ethernet adapter from your computer
  • find a spare ethernet cable from your NAS to the location on your PC
  • take note the current ip of your computer and the subnet聽
  • unplug ethernet cable from your computer, plug in the spare cable.
  • go to your nas, unplug ethernet cable and use the spare cable
  • configure your network adapter of the computer as 172.16.48.39,聽subnet mask 255.255.255.0
  • apply configuration and wait for a couple of minutes
  • open the web browser
  • try to connect to聽聽172.16.48.40, you should access to your NAS. Change the IP as you like it
  • Revert the steps and the configuration of your network adapter on the PC. Restore previous internet cabling access.

If you're still willing to have two network adapters, the one "dedicated" to the NAS should be without any gateway configured (on both sides). I cannot understand your goal for two network adapter on your pc, but... whatever.

Quick update after checking the IP addresses in settings (I haven't gone through your instructions yet).

• IP address of my PC's ethernet connection:聽172.16.48.40/26
  • IP address of the ethernet connection to my NAS:聽192.168.0.87/24