My experience with Lenovo and its customer service

I am writing to share my experience with Lenovo and its customer service. I bought a Lenovo laptop a few months ago, hoping to enjoy its features and performance. However, I was soon disappointed by the frequent problems and malfunctions that occurred with the device. The worst of them happened a few days ago, when my laptop started emitting smoke while I was using it. This was not only a shock, but also a potential danger to my health and safety. I immediately turned off the laptop and contacted Lenovo's support team to report the issue and seek a solution.

To my dismay, the support team was not helpful or responsive at all. They told me that they could not provide me onsite support, which I had paid for as part of Lenovo's Premium Care package. They said that I had to travel to the same shop where I bought the laptop, which is located in my home town, 2000 km away from where I live and work. This was an absurd and unrealistic suggestion, as it would require me to spend a lot of time and money on transportation, as well as disrupt my work schedule and personal obligations.
Alternatively, they offered me to visit a Lenovo service center and replace the part that was causing the smoke. However, this did not reassure me at all, as I had already replaced the motherboard of the laptop two or three times before, due to other issues. I was not confident that the laptop would work properly after another replacement, or that it would not pose a fire hazard or harm me or others.

I was appalled by the lack of professionalism and care that Lenovo showed me as a customer. I felt that they did not value my satisfaction or safety, and that they did not honor their warranty and service commitments. I was left with a defective and dangerous product that I could not use or trust. I decided to write this blog post to warn others about Lenovo and its products, and to urge them to avoid buying them or using them. I also want to demand that Lenovo take immediate action to rectify this situation and provide me with a replacement onsite of same or a different model. I also want an apology and an explanation for why this happened and how they will prevent it from happening again. 
I want to stress that I bought Lenovo's Premium Care, which includes onsite warranty, technical support, and accidental damage protection for a period of three years. Despite these benefits, I found myself facing this serious issue.
I hope that Lenovo will respond to this as a matter of urgency and provide details on how they intend to solve this problem.

Edited by Shubham kumar pandey
typo error

What Model Do you have and how old is it. you changed board 3 times (with a bad costumer support) due to what, if that happed that is insane. iam pretty sure LMG doesnt work with Lenovo at all so there is littile to no chance Lenovo will respond to this from LTT forums So you should post it on twitter (X) or Reddit or something like that.

You should have requested a full replacement before the 2nd mobo replacement, your laptop is broken

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

19 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

You should have requested a full replacement before the 2nd mobo replacement, your laptop is broken

I did but they said its not under their policy 😕

11 minutes ago, Shubham kumar pandey said:

I did but they said its not under their policy 😕

Unscrupulous bandits are they 🤬

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Sorry for your experience, @Shubham kumar pandey.
Are you in the condition to share the precise model (not serial number) of your laptop?

Example:

"ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 (AMD)" is the name of the line. 21J5002DIX is a specific configuration with Ryzen 7 6850U, 16gb of DDR5 ram and 512gb of opal SSD drive storage.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

On 8/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, mMontana said:

Sorry for your experience, @Shubham kumar pandey.
Are you in the condition to share the precise model (not serial number) of your laptop?

Example:

"ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 (AMD)" is the name of the line. 21J5002DIX is a specific configuration with Ryzen 7 6850U, 16gb of DDR5 ram and 512gb of opal SSD drive storage.

Yeah, its ideapad gaimg 3  15ACH6 R5 8G 512G 11S

On 8/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, Gokul_P said:

What Model Do you have and how old is it. you changed board 3 times (with a bad costumer support) due to what, if that happed that is insane. iam pretty sure LMG doesnt work with Lenovo at all so there is littile to no chance Lenovo will respond to this from LTT forums So you should post it on twitter (X) or Reddit or something like that.

i think its like 2021 or 2022 model with ryzen 5600h and i bough it in April this year. And, yeah i had posted this on to the twitter/X  and threads so far no response

1 hour ago, Shubham kumar pandey said:

i think its like 2021 or 2022 model with ryzen 5600h and i bough it in April this year. And, yeah i had posted this on to the twitter/X  and threads so far no response

I think You can go to consumer court if they doesnt Fix your issue and Could cause harm to the user (if the issue is due to product defect (It looks like it is)) even after warrenty You need the proof of purchase and prove it is manufacturing defect. 

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

I think You can go to consumer court if they doesnt Fix your issue and Could cause harm to the user (if the issue is due to product defect (It looks like it is)) even after warrenty You need the proof of purchase and prove it is manufacturing defect. 

i am thinking of it but as a last resort since i want to stay away from any legal interaction