GIGABYTE

experior

are their power supplies any good? whats wrong with them and any better options for $100-$150AUD(Australian Dollars)

The P-GM series was pretty ass and sparked a whole lot of controversey, and actual sparks.

Their UD-GM series is pretty ok, if you can get a good deal on the UD750/850GM theyre solid options.

5 minutes ago, experior said:

are their power supplies any good?

Some of them are OK, some are fire hazards. They have a pretty bad history of dealing with their units if they're faulty, so I'd probably avoid even their good ones. 

For reference: 

14 minutes ago, experior said:

are their power supplies any good? whats wrong with them and any better options for $100-$150AUD(Australian Dollars)

Yeah gigabyte stuff has problems, wouldn't recommend. In the $100-$150 AUD price range there is quite a bit, what is your system?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Just now, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah gigabyte stuff has problems, wouldn't recommend. In the $100-$150 AUD price range there is quite a bit, what is your system?

while yes gigabyte has had issues in the past, I would not get one, as I would not want to take the risk of a fire hazard nor risking my components getting damaged.

30 minutes ago, experior said:

Giga psus are fine but id sort by cheapest 750/850w gold unit thats half decent, itd be pretty fucking stupid to overpay for an rm(x) if a udgm is like 30$ cheaper

If you want maximum value buy a used psu as youll find quality units like the rm(x) for half or less off retail price, prefferably psus that are <5yo and max 7yo when you buy em cause psus generally last 10-15 years (and i dont see how an rmx would struggle to get to 15 years)

gigabytes stuff is not always that good, especially their P-GM psus that had exploding components. Id recommend a psu from a brand like corsair, evga, seasonic, or any other good psu brand like that.

You can look at the psu teir list here to see which power supplies are good and which ones arent. Also ignore the list here on the forums its outdated.

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

21 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

why are you only looking at gigabyte? 

Probably wasn't only looking at Gigabyte, but perhaps a few units are on sale so they're asking for general opinions on them. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, PinballYT said:

while yes gigabyte has had issues in the past, I would not get one, as I would not want to take the risk of a fire hazard nor risking my components getting damaged.

thats what I said.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, experior said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 V2 FULL MODULAR 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ MSY Technology) 
Total: $99.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-21 11:43 AEST+1000
You could get this for 750w

My First PC

14 hours ago, PinballYT said:

what voltage do you need?

I'm thinking of an AMD 5600X or G with a 6700XT or waiting until the budget and gen 3 GPUs(I forgot their name but I'm saying the 7700XT or 7700) come out and updating my list so id say roughly 650-750 watts just to be safe

13 hours ago, joshfrog said:

why are you only looking at gigabyte? 

I'm not only looking at gigabytes they just are cheaper than the rest just checking to make sure that they are good quality

14 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

AMD 5600X or G with a 6700XT or waiting until the budget and gen 3 GPUs
I forgot their name but I'm saying the 7700XT or 7700

2 hours ago, experior said:

I'm not only looking at gigabytes they just are cheaper than the rest just checking to make sure that they are good quality

They're cheaper for a reason. Nobody wants them. Gigabyte has a bad reputation in PSUs.

7 hours ago, experior said:

AMD 5600X or G with a 6700XT or waiting until the budget and gen 3 GPUs
I forgot their name but I'm saying the 7700XT or 7700

Then a 750w power supply would do you just fine

My First PC