Corsair Hydro XG7 Disassembling?

alyen

I have disassembled the water-cooling block from a RTX 3090FE, but I have not found a way to separate plate from the clear acrylic or get access to clean the micro fins. Does anyone know how to do this?

When I searching over the net, I only found installation videos and one video of the acrylic separated from the plate, but no instructions on how to disassemble it. I also asked and looked around the Corsair Community forums without any success. Only finding someone wishing there was more documentation it, and removing 2 screws under thermal pads that do not appear to contact the cold plate or electronic components. Sorry for the bad phone pics.IMG_20230820_082357_6.thumb.jpg.2bd9c06990d99de1f3d548f8c6d523af.jpg

IMG_20230820_082312_0.jpg

IMG_20230820_082449_9.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

1 hour ago, alyen said:

I have disassembled the water-cooling block from a RTX 3090FE, but I have not found a way to separate plate from the clear acrylic or get access to clean the micro fins. Does anyone know how to do this?

When I searching over the net, I only found installation videos and one video of the acrylic separated from the plate, but no instructions on how to disassemble it. I also asked and looked around the Corsair Community forums without any success. Only finding someone wishing there was more documentation it, and removing 2 screws under thermal pads that do not appear to contact the cold plate or electronic components. Sorry for the bad phone pics.

It's just bolted into the clear acrylic or the waterblock, may be a bit stuck on there with the o-ring seal so you might need to use a bit for force to bump the two pieces apart. 

here is a sped up version of the teardown:

56 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's just bolted into the clear acrylic or the waterblock, may be a bit stuck on there with the o-ring seal so you might need to use a bit for force to bump the two pieces apart. 

Thanks, it did require some force to eventually get it separated. Now I finish cleaning and leak testing before putting it back into the new setup.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W