P102-100 for folding?

I recently got offered a few p102-100 5gb cards for like 45 bucks each. I was wondering if anyone had folded on them for an estimated ppd? The specs sheets all say pcie 1.0x4 interface and that has me a little worried for bandwidth. I know people were using p106-100s and p106-90s awhile back but both of those havd pcie 3.0x4 listed as spec. 

1.0x4 will have a massive impact and loss of performance in FAH. Couple that with the cards being Pascal, aka "bad power efficiency by today's standards", and you should pass up on that deal, even if you have more solar power than you know what to do with.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, 5dl said:

Im getting around slightly less than 2m ppd on my p102 (with tdp lowered to 75%)

Thats not as good as i would hope but i guess it is bandwidth starved. 

On 8/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, Imakuni said:

1.0x4 will have a massive impact and loss of performance in FAH. Couple that with the cards being Pascal, aka "bad power efficiency by today's standards", and you should pass up on that deal, even if you have more solar power than you know what to do with.

Its so sad that these have no use after mining. If they were at least decent performance id run them. I wish i could offer all the mining gpus in the world a very good home folding until they died but i guess its not in the cards. I guess a p106-100 would work ok though considering it has all 16 pcie 3.0 lanes. I might grab a few of those off my friend who only wants 15 bucks each for them