Needing help to identify

AJChafa
Go to solution Solved by Applefreak,
13 minutes ago, AJChafa said:

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a bunch of random hardware from a craigslist lot online I have 2x of these little Pentium 4 computers I need help identifying to see what I can cram in them!

Thank you!

20230818_001158.jpg

20230818_001204.jpg

20230818_001210.jpg

That's pre-ITX so you will have to mod it for sure to get a board into that case. It also had really bad airflow at the time and was running really hot on a single core. There was a version with a top 80mm fan under the handle but still quite bad. I believe the PSU was instrumental in cooling the CPU, which won't work on modern PSUs that turn down the fan speed. The model was called Shuttle XPC based on a generic rebranded design. Here is a review of the original case

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a bunch of random hardware from a craigslist lot online I have 2x of these little Pentium 4 computers I need help identifying to see what I can cram in them!

Thank you!

20230818_001158.jpg

20230818_001204.jpg

20230818_001210.jpg

13 minutes ago, AJChafa said:

Thank you!

20230818_001158.jpg

20230818_001204.jpg

20230818_001210.jpg

That's pre-ITX so you will have to mod it for sure to get a board into that case. It also had really bad airflow at the time and was running really hot on a single core. There was a version with a top 80mm fan under the handle but still quite bad. I believe the PSU was instrumental in cooling the CPU, which won't work on modern PSUs that turn down the fan speed. The model was called Shuttle XPC based on a generic rebranded design. Here is a review of the original case

7 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AJChafa said:

Thanks!

If you do wish to reuse that people did mod the xpc case.

Basically what they did was, sfx psu chucked in the front drive bay, vented front drive bays, drill fan hole in the bottom of the front of the case, use old psu place for a fan, put big tower cooler in the case, hope for the best.

I think people pushed the front fan hole to either 2x80 or 92mm or some slimmer 120's

and then 2 80mm in the bac or 92mm I dont remember that well.

Some also modded a mesh panel in place of the arcylic if they used dual slot gpu's (that tells you how old these mods I'm talking about are :p)

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

If you do wish to reuse that people did mod the xpc case.

Basically what they did was, sfx psu chucked in the front drive bay, vented front drive bays, drill fan hole in the bottom of the front of the case, use old psu place for a fan, put big tower cooler in the case, hope for the best.

I think people pushed the front fan hole to either 2x80 or 92mm or some slimmer 120's

and then 2 80mm in the bac or 92mm I dont remember that well.

Some also modded a mesh panel in place of the arcylic if they used dual slot gpu's (that tells you how old these mods I'm talking about are :p)

Oh wow! that is definitely useful information thank you!

1 minute ago, AJChafa said:

Oh wow! that is definitely useful information thank you!

As is right now you'd be able to run like maybe an i3 and get away with it before it thermal maxes because this thing has like no ventilation 😛

Luckaly its not a too hard to drill in case and worst cade you got 2!