New pc build, no signs of life after assembling - no LEDs on mobo

kahn_00

Just assembled a new build, specs below. Have built a couple PCs in the past, but followed this LTT video just to be on the safe side. Tested on bench and got no response at all when psu was turned on, when trying to manually start by touching screwdriver to the power switch. Then tried installing it fully in the case and no response even after hooking it up to case buttons. Tested the PSU separately using the paperclip method and PSU fans spin, indicating it's working. I tried booting without gpu installed, same result.

I have tried unplugging and re-plugging in all cords and components, checked if all connections are tight, etc. At this point, I'm afraid my mobo is bad, but I'm hoping I just made some bonehead beginner mistakes that I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance for any help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650M-P Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Storage: 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

20 minutes ago, kahn_00 said:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650M-P Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

Try booting with no graphics card and only one memory stick. Also try each memory slot to make sure none of the individual slots are bad

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Take a photo of the Board with  the PSU connected so we can double check nothing was missed.

I am going to say maybe a bad PSU was had? 

You got it plugged directly into a wall outlet? no PSU? Verified outlets are good and the switch is on at back.

Could also be a dead board. You should get some signs of life out of the debug LEDs on that board but with no power, sounds like we got a dud something.

1 hour ago, mrjason said:

Take a photo of the Board with  the PSU connected so we can double check nothing was missed.

I am going to say maybe a bad PSU was had? 

You got it plugged directly into a wall outlet? no PSU? Verified outlets are good and the switch is on at back.

Could also be a dead board. You should get some signs of life out of the debug LEDs on that board but with no power, sounds like we got a dud something.

Thanks for your response. Pics Attached. Please let me know if you need different angles.

PSU fans spun up when I used the paperclip method to manually turn it on, so I think that's working fine.

image1 (1).jpeg

image0 (3).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Try booting with no graphics card and only one memory stick. Also try each memory slot to make sure none of the individual slots are bad

Thanks for responding. I tried it and no luck 😞

Sounds like you've tried a lot of stuff, but might want to review this post and make sure you didn't miss anything simple before continuing troubleshooting.

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

If you’re getting absolutely nothing and you’ve verified that 

1. you have power from the outlet 

2. your psu works

3. everything is plugged in correctly

the most likely culprit is a dead motherboard. It sucks but doa boards do happen. 

you could try building the pc outside of the case. I recently heard a tale about someone that had their mobo shorting out on the case standoffs preventing it from starting. 

Edit: just re-read your post to see you already did that. RMA the board. 

I had the same experience with a new mobo install. All I could do was disassemble the entire rig (PSU excepted) and put it all back together again. Second time it booted up fine. Assumption? A short somewhere, likely between the motherboard and case. As noted above, today's hardware is BIOS version sensitive; flashback is your friend if your hardware supports it. Good luck!