GamersNexus - The Problem with Linus Tech Tips: Accuracy, Ethics, & Responsibility

Haaselh0ff

Summary

GamersNexus today has published a video investigating concerns they have on the accuracy, ethics, and responsibility of the LMG media group as a whole. The video goes in to detail all of Steve and the GN team's concerns with the recent videos published within the last year by the LMG team and shared their frustrations with how corrections were handled as well as their frustrations with how errors could ever be allowed in the first place.

Quotes

"We know these issues at LTT, the rushing the pushing the employees and staff to hit deadlines despite concerns with the data or collection of the data, We know that these come from the top down as shown in a recent LTT interview that it conducted with its own employees where many of them stated concerns of content quality pertaining to restricted time constraints"

My thoughts

I think the issues Steve brings up are very fair issues to bring up. I realize that LTT is trying to hit its deadlines and issues will arise and I think a lot of initial issues may have been a result of the Labs infancy but I still think it's a good idea to bring notice to these issues and create that discussion in hopes that higher ups will see it and take a step back and make sure that what they're doing IS accurate and that they are able to produce content that is good and valuable AND, again, ACCURATE as well. 

Sources

Please continue discussion in the existing topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450