Is PSU Sama 550W Enough for Asus Dual 3060Ti and i5-12400F?

madara2k20

CPU: i5-12400F

GPU: Asus Dual 3060Ti

Motherboard: H610M H V2 DDR4

Ram: x2 8GB DDR4

M.2 PCie 128GB SX6000

HDD 1TB
Cooler: SE 207 XT

1 Fan (I know :')

Am I good with enough room power or there is a potential risk here? Thank you.

Edited by madara2k20

2 minutes ago, madara2k20 said:

CPU: i5-12400F

GPU: Asus Dual 3060Ti

Motherboard: H610M H V2 DDR4

Ram: x2 8GB DDR4

M.2 PCie 128GB SX6000

HDD 1TB
Cooler: SE 207 XT

1 Fan (I know :')

Am I good with enough room power or there is a potential risk here? Thank you.

Your fine but just. I wouldn't buy a 550w psu new for this build but if you already had it it should be fine

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Do you have a link to this particular 550w SAMA?

^^^

Country?

Budget for entire build?

Site(s)/store(s) you are buying off?

Price and model of the psu?

Best to save as much money as possible while still having a decent unit, no reason to waste a ton of money on overpriced corsairs but also no reason to cheap out too much and buy an explosive unbranded china psu or a woefully inadequate oem grey box with a tiny rear fan that wont even turn on with your hardware (trash 12v rail)

6 minutes ago, filpo said:

Your fine but just. I wouldn't buy a 550w psu new for this build but if you already had it it should be fine

yes not new, it's the one am using, just upgrading CPU and GPU. While already spent quite a bit of money on those already, I want to save on the part that can be save.

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Send pictures of wattage table

Specs before upgrade?

How long have you been using the psu? Over 1 year and i deem that it has proven its quality and it is fine to use

how does it look? Been using it for about 1 year and a half now. I dont recall any problem. By the way, now am using 1050ti, tmr my 3060ti should arrive.

photo_2023-08-13_20-55-21.jpg

11 minutes ago, madara2k20 said:

how does it look? Been using it for about 1 year and a half now. I dont recall any problem. By the way, now am using 1050ti, tmr my 3060ti should arrive.

photo_2023-08-13_20-55-21.jpg

Complete garbage

It has atleast proven that its fine to use for lower power stuff but clearly not enough for the upgrade you are planning

That 12v rail is weaker than the one on my dazumba 450w (30a = 360w) which is like 12 years old now, so this is essentially a 300w psu disguised as a 550w

What country btw? I advise buying a used psu as youll save lots of money and used 750/850w golds generally go for around 40-60$ mainly due to retarded baseless fearmongering surrounding psu age or previous life which clearly has no effect on the 3 used units i currently have and i just put that 12yo 450w back into service as my testbench psu and still works flawlessly despite the age and problably meh quality

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Complete garbage

It has atleast proven that its fine to use for lower power stuff but clearly not enough for the upgrade you are planning

That 12v rail is weaker than the one on my dazumba 450w (30a = 360w) which is like 12 years old now, so this is essentially a 300w psu disguised as a 550w

What country btw? I advise buying a used psu as youll save lots of money and used 750/850w golds generally go for around 40-60$ mainly due to retarded baseless fearmongering surrounding psu age or previous life which clearly has no effect on the 3 used units i currently have and i just put that 12yo 450w back into service as my testbench psu and still works flawlessly despite the age and problably meh quality

Cambodia country, well I guess another trip to the store for power supply.

5 minutes ago, madara2k20 said:

Cambodia country, well I guess another trip to the store for power supply.

Look on fb marketplace see if you can find any better psus

If you do buy a new psu then make sure to check the wattage table, 12v rail should be no more than 100w below psu rating (12v cant be <400w if psu rating is 500w) to ensure that the psu isnt complete trash, the closer rhe 12v rating to the psu rating the better quality (most of the time)

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Complete garbage

by the way, my Asus Dual 3060ti only use one 8pins. Still not good?

6 minutes ago, madara2k20 said:

by the way, my Asus Dual 3060ti only use one 8pins. Still not good?

Nope

if you want to cheap out do it correctly and buy a used psu

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Nope

if you want to cheap out do it correctly and buy a used psu

I found this cheap PSU and it so easy to get here. Am not sure what should look for beside the watt, am pretty clueless about it. Can you look and tell me if this is good? 

Capture.PNG

One thing I've learned through the years. Never cheap out on your PSU and never buy brands that seem unheard of.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

If they don't like on the label, then it should be good. Not a very good power supply, but it shouldn't just shut down randomly or crashing. 

Though I'd be a bit worried that it's a power supply made in 2017, according to that warranty sticker and the barcode.

7 hours ago, madara2k20 said:

I found this cheap PSU and it so easy to get here. Am not sure what should look for beside the watt, am pretty clueless about it. Can you look and tell me if this is good? 

Capture.PNG

Used psu?

Since its only 6 years old its fine, you can expect at the very least another 5 years but i wouldnt be surprised to see it hit 15 as my current dazumba 450w is on its way to (3 more years to go)

12v rail is good, not the very best thats within 5w or outright equal to psu rating but good, so the psu should be a rather solid unit

Youll be more than fine with that psu compared to your current psu and any new lower wattage bronze units

6 hours ago, Xiee said:

One thing I've learned through the years. Never cheap out on your PSU and never buy brands that seem unheard of.

The same shit that causes ppl to wayyy overspend on their psu for "benifits" that are not visible irl and only in some stupid specsheets

No fucking shit you can buy used psus and somewhat obscure brands for dirt cheap when this mentality has been taken too far

balance is my mentality, dont spend on garbage thatd only matter in a specsheet (japanese capacitors or whatever) but still have something thatd work well irl, although i errr to the side of cost effectiveness

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

The same shit that causes ppl to wayyy overspend on their psu for "benifits" that are not visible irl and only in some stupid specsheets

No fucking shit you can buy used psus and somewhat obscure brands for dirt cheap when this mentality has been taken too far

balance is my mentality, dont spend on garbage thatd only matter in a specsheet (japanese capacitors or whatever) but still have something thatd work well irl, although i errr to the side of cost effectiveness

Woah, coming off a bit "strong" there.

I'm not saying the guy should buy expensive PSUs. I've owned used PSUs myself. I've seen too many people trash their PCs due to a bad PSU due to my line of work so I'm only suggesting that something from a more reliable manufacturer tends to fail less. This is also just my experience, so if that offends you in some way then I dunno.

私はオタクではありません。

22 minutes ago, Xiee said:

Woah, coming off a bit "strong" there.

I'm not saying the guy should buy expensive PSUs. I've owned used PSUs myself. I've seen too many people trash their PCs due to a bad PSU due to my line of work so I'm only suggesting that something from a more reliable manufacturer tends to fail less. This is also just my experience, so if that offends you in some way then I dunno.

Damn now i sound offended =p

Eh think its just my choice of words usually being pretty damn aggressive, lot better than when i joined this forum but guess it still needs some work

As much as theres dummies that buy explosive china psus theres also dummies that spend a crapton more than neccesary on a psu, literally 200$ for some platinum 850w when 1200w units start at that price. Usually when i hear never cheap out on psus i almost always see it being paired with a reccomendation on overpriced psus like the rm(x) when a unit 30$ cheaper like the udgm will work just as well and be indistiguishable irl since the psus only job is to supply power to the components and if both work without issues then they really are indistinguishable irl

Already seen quite a few builds with uneccesarily pricey psus and even downright psus that are highway robbery (>150$ for a god damn 850w), its even worse on budget builds like here where you wanna pinch every penny

On 8/14/2023 at 7:51 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Damn now i sound offended =p

Eh think its just my choice of words usually being pretty damn aggressive, lot better than when i joined this forum but guess it still needs some work

As much as theres dummies that buy explosive china psus theres also dummies that spend a crapton more than neccesary on a psu, literally 200$ for some platinum 850w when 1200w units start at that price. Usually when i hear never cheap out on psus i almost always see it being paired with a reccomendation on overpriced psus like the rm(x) when a unit 30$ cheaper like the udgm will work just as well and be indistiguishable irl since the psus only job is to supply power to the components and if both work without issues then they really are indistinguishable irl

Already seen quite a few builds with uneccesarily pricey psus and even downright psus that are highway robbery (>150$ for a god damn 850w), its even worse on budget builds like here where you wanna pinch every penny

Don't worry. Was just having a bad day and I took it the wrong way. I do agree with some of your statements though.

I've just seen so many of my people who come to me (I used to assemble and repair PCs for a living, still do it from time to time) and I found out they stick some never heard of PSU that may or m ay not have caused issues on their PC.

私はオタクではありません。