What is the best software for a dual monitor setup? (Windows 11)

I have just recently updated up work/gaming/production setup with a second monitor, and I was wondering if there is any software that can help me with managing both of them.

Right now I am just relying on using Windows 11 for monitor management, as the second monitor will only be used for specific operations, but I have found that it is rather clunky between switching from one monitor in use to two. Or do I still need to get used to using two monitors?

Thank you advance for the help and suggestions. 

I personally don't use any software to manage having two monitors. You might want to check your display settings and make sure they're lined up properly, but it should be relatively smooth. May I ask exactly what part of having two monitors feels "clunky" to you?

I've been using multiple monitors for over 15 years, I think it might just be a case of getting comfortable with it. What exactly is the issue? The mouse moves between monitors. 

Windows 11's window snapping features are greatly improved from Windows 10 and if you want more "zone" adjustment, you can try out FancyZones that's part of PowerToys. 

Frankly I just use the built in Windows management. Hover your mouse of the Maximize button in a window and you can just click where you want the window to go.

If you mean switching from one to multiple monitors or back is clunky, as in you don't always use the second monitor:

Win + P does that trick quite well for me.

11 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

If you mean switching from one to multiple monitors or back is clunky, as in you don't always use the second monitor:

Win + P does that trick quite well for me.

OK that actually helps. I had no idea about the keyboard shortcut. Been going to windows settings > display this whole time.

I'm also going to get Powertoys installed and use FancyZones.

Thank you all so much for the help.

2 minutes ago, GodOfKnockers said:

OK that actually helps. I had no idea about the keyboard shortcut. Been going to windows settings > display this whole time.

I'm also going to get Powertoys installed and use FancyZones.

Thank you all so much for the help.

How exactly is Win-P helping you, out of curiosity? I've never once needed that command for a permanent dual display desktop setup. 

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

How exactly is Win-P helping you, out of curiosity? I've never once needed that command for a permanent dual display desktop setup. 

As I am learning now, it's the shortcut to manage my displays, which is super helpful. Remember that I am a few days new into using a dual display setup.

1 hour ago, GodOfKnockers said:

As I am learning now, it's the shortcut to manage my displays, which is super helpful. Remember that I am a few days new into using a dual display setup.

Sure, I get that. I just was curious how that menu was specifically helpful. 

If you didn't try it yet, Windows 11 has much improved window management built in if you hover over the Maximize button. 

image.png.44648f789ca598b3dad48ceb1cfba29d.png