z690 aorus elite ax ddr5 rev 1.4 no wifi but bt works

just built a 2 pc for my friend same problem both had bad wifi drivers but i managed to fix the asus tuff motherboard but i can with the aorus need help i installed the diver off gigabyte web new one couldn't install right so i got a older version and seem to install right but still didn't work 

For drivers I always use Driver Easy has all the best drivers up-to-date, you said the issue was on both pcs, but the boards are different, this is a strange situation, as you updated the drivers the best you could, since the PC is new and shouldnt have to much stuff on it perhaps try to do a fresh windows instal and then do the drivers again, also makes sure all your windows drivers are up-to-date as this could also cause some issues 

9 minutes ago, itsonlyaaron said:

For drivers I always use Driver Easy has all the best drivers up-to-date, you said the issue was on both pcs, but the boards are different, this is a strange situation, as you updated the drivers the best you could, since the PC is new and shouldnt have to much stuff on it perhaps try to do a fresh windows instal and then do the drivers again, also makes sure all your windows drivers are up-to-date as this could also cause some issues 

i tried the windows thing too plus on the arours bored i had to update the bios with a usb cause the pc was stuck in a reboot loop so bios should be up to date 

1 minute ago, beastDmaster69 said:

i tried the windows thing too plus on the arours bored i had to update the bios with a usb cause the pc was stuck in a reboot loop so bios should be up to date 

This is a tricky one, dumb question but you definitely have the WiFi antenna in all the way

14 minutes ago, itsonlyaaron said:

This is a tricky one, dumb question but you definitely have the WiFi antenna in all the way

ya the bored comes with one 

So the bios is at its latest update, the WiFi drivers are updated, windows is updated, the antenna is fully screwed in, and you have done a window restart. And wireless still won't work?

1 minute ago, itsonlyaaron said:

So the bios is at its latest update, the WiFi drivers are updated, windows is updated, the antenna is fully screwed in, and you have done a window restart. And wireless still won't work?

Basically here’s some pics the error file is with the new Wi-Fi driver but the old one didn’t show that 

6D9E16F3-F61E-43CD-B24F-9E4A179FDC51.jpeg

E4763E77-CE0C-4C60-B7B0-5CA92652C2B3.jpeg

D92D3D6F-C6A6-4CDE-A10D-848A503903AA.jpeg

Interesting, I haven't seen this before, I do have a similar aorus board, and nothing like this has happened, very strange, give me a bit to think on it, unless someone else has any ideas.

Very strange 🤔 I'd say there could be an issue with the board, but it's showing up, just driver errors, have you downloaded the intel driver assistant software? Perhaps it might fix the problem 

3 minutes ago, itsonlyaaron said:

Very strange 🤔 I'd say there could be an issue with the board, but it's showing up, just driver errors, have you downloaded the intel driver assistant software? Perhaps it might fix the problem 

Let me try that btw tried installing latest Wi-Fi driver from gygabite and this happens now 

image.jpg

Idk why I didn't ask this before, is there any chance you accidentally turned of WiFi in the bios? It's possible it your downloading the driver but it can't use the device as its turn off in bois

2 minutes ago, itsonlyaaron said:

And it gets stranger

Lol Ik is there a way to force the file into the driver I think I did that on the tuf motherboard but I don’t remember 

1 minute ago, itsonlyaaron said:

Idk why I didn't ask this before, is there any chance you accidentally turned of WiFi in the bios? It's possible it your downloading the driver but it can't use the device as its turn off in bois

Let me check 

5 minutes ago, beastDmaster69 said:

Let me try that btw tried installing latest Wi-Fi driver from gygabite and this happens now 

image.jpg

Download the package rather than opening it. Then extract the context of the zip into another directory. You don't want to open executables by just opening the archive in File Explorer as it just makes a temporary copy in the temp folder which clears the moment you close the explorer window. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

14 minutes ago, beastDmaster69 said:

Let me check 

All I see is network stacking let me look a little more 

It’s weird tho I’m new to w11 but there’s no Wi-Fi tab at the bottom ether only Bluetooth and airplane mode

41 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Download the package rather than opening it. Then extract the context of the zip into another directory. You don't want to open executables by just opening the archive in File Explorer as it just makes a temporary copy in the temp folder which clears the moment you close the explorer window. 

Tried that looked like it installed but no Wi-Fi still 

21 hours ago, beastDmaster69 said:

Tried that looked like it installed but no Wi-Fi still 

So the package installed successfully and restarted? Can you screenshot your Device Manager?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I made an account specifically to reply to this thread because I’ve been having the same issue. I resolved my WiFi driver problem by installing the AMD driver instead of the intel one. Idk why it worked but I have WiFi now so I am not questioning it.

4 hours ago, Paperclipxoxo said:

I made an account specifically to reply to this thread because I’ve been having the same issue. I resolved my WiFi driver problem by installing the AMD driver instead of the intel one. Idk why it worked but I have WiFi now so I am not questioning it.

Do you have the link?

On 8/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, beastDmaster69 said:

Basically here’s some pics the error file is with the new Wi-Fi driver but the old one didn’t show that 

D92D3D6F-C6A6-4CDE-A10D-848A503903AA.jpeg

• When I go to the support page for what I think is your motherboard, I see no Intel drivers, and no option for 10 different BIOS files
  • Instead, I see AMD drivers and only 3 BIOS files.
  • Try clicking the support page link and see if it works for you

image.thumb.png.4d79d41f5396f191fe2f992e17649bbe.png

Does this make any sense in my head?  Not particularly, (AMD Wi-fi on an Intel board 🤷‍♂️).  However, I don't have any issues downloading/extracting the files like you have.

Based on this weirdness (assuming I didn't dork something up and am looking at the wrong page) I would recommend just downloading Gigabyte Control Center and connecting via Ethernet and letting it update all the drivers for the computer.

If you can't do that:

1. Download all the driver files
  2. Save them to a USB
  3. Copy them to the new computer (don't run from the flash drive)
  4. Install them all (starting with the chipset drivers).

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!