cooler suggestions

tdkid

hello. 

yes i know i can look this up but that is also why i am making this post, i want opinions from the people who looked into this more than i have at the current moment. i just went to a micro center and bought the asus ROG strix b650e-f gaming wifi board with a ryzen 9 7950x 3d with 64GB of gskill flare x 5 RAM bundle and i am wondering what a good CPU cooler would be. my case is the corsair obsidian 1000D super tower so i can fit pretty much anything into this case with no issues at all. i know there are people that would say a CLC/AIO is better than an air cooled cooler and those that would say the opposite that air cooled is better with something like the noctua D15. but i would like to know what you people think.

at the current moment, i am kind of thinking of the new corsair QX CLCs that came out but i am going to look into whatever you people here suggest. thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, tdkid said:

hello. 

yes i know i can look this up but that is also why i am making this post, i want opinions from the people who looked into this more than i have at the current moment. i just went to a micro center and bought the asus ROG strix b650e-f gaming wifi board with a ryzen 9 7950x 3d with 64GB of gskill flare x 5 RAM bundle and i am wondering what a good CPU cooler would be. my case is the corsair obsidian 1000D super tower so i can fit pretty much anything into this case with no issues at all. i know there are people that would say a CLC/AIO is better than an air cooled cooler and those that would say the opposite that air cooled is better with something like the noctua D15. but i would like to know what you people think.

at the current moment, i am kind of thinking of the new corsair QX CLCs that came out but i am going to look into whatever you people here suggest. thanks for the help.

A decent aircooler like the NH-D15,  Deepcool ASSASSIN IV ( My god, sexiest air cooler or what? ) and Be quiet dark rock pro 4 will do the job nicely.  I prefer AirCoolers as I do love the 'industrial aesthetic' but most importantly, reliability.  No leaks, no pump failure, no clogging etc,
I run my NH-D15 with my 7700x at 30% constant fan speed, more than enough even in heavy gaming.
A dual tower air cooler will run just as well with 1 fan if 1 fan fails after 7 years while waiting for a replacement 🙂
The cheaper
ak620 will do the job just fine as well.

the case has rly rly good airflow, a 360 and a big air cooler would look like a dwarf in that case..  maybe a 420 ? 

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

the case has rly rly good airflow, a 360 and a big air cooler would look like a dwarf in that case..  maybe a 420 ? 

maybe. realistically with the push pull config, i can have something like 30 fans in this case so airflow and cooling will be no issue but looking at what kind of cooler people suggest. 

9 hours ago, Whatisthis said:

I’m with @Hinjima on this. Top end air cooler will do the job and you won’t have to worry about it failing and becoming e-waste in a couple years.

according to the tier list here for CPU cooling the noctua NH-D15 is tier 3, the Deepcool ASSASSIN IV is tier 2 and the Be quiet dark rock pro 4 is tier 4. with this, they all are under the "best of the best tier 1" which doesnt surprise me in the slightest because tier 1 is all AIOs/CLCs, its better to overkill the cooling than underkill it. i kind of started looking into the iCUE LINK H150i RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler mainly because my computer looks like a spagetti bowl when you open it so i am hoping it will make better cable management with fewer cables. overall literally anything will be an upgrade on the cooler i have now as i have once from a prebuild that has been working as i dont go stupid with the overclocking like having a 1000W PSU for the CPU alone, one for the board, one for the fans, etc.. so a basic cooler has worked with my CPU getting nothing over 40c as i dont push it. 

18 minutes ago, tdkid said:

according to the tier list here for CPU cooling the noctua NH-D15 is tier 3, the Deepcool ASSASSIN IV is tier 2 and the Be quiet dark rock pro 4 is tier 4. with this, they all are under the "best of the best tier 1" which doesnt surprise me in the slightest because tier 1 is all AIOs/CLCs, its better to overkill the cooling than underkill it. i kind of started looking into the iCUE LINK H150i RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler mainly because my computer looks like a spagetti bowl when you open it so i am hoping it will make better cable management with fewer cables. overall literally anything will be an upgrade on the cooler i have now as i have once from a prebuild that has been working as i dont go stupid with the overclocking like having a 1000W PSU for the CPU alone, one for the board, one for the fans, etc.. so a basic cooler has worked with my CPU getting nothing over 40c as i dont push it. 

The three air coolers you mention above are very similar in performance. I would personally put them all in the same tier. They are literally within a degree or two.

2 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

The three air coolers you mention above are very similar in performance. I would personally put them all in the same tier. They are literally within a degree or two.

well no one really cares about the temps, they care about the RGB as RGB adds frames and frames win games. LOL

5 hours ago, Whatisthis said:

more like 8-10c if high load and quiet mode

5 hours ago, tdkid said:

well no one really cares about the temps, they care about the RGB as RGB adds frames and frames win games. LOL

dont go corsair, its better options that look better 😛 

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

more like 8-10c if high load and quiet mode

dont go corsair, its better options that look better 😛 

well besides going aircooler, corsair is the only company i can think of that is actively limiting the number of cables you need to run your cooling set up inside your case. 

11 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well besides going aircooler, corsair is the only company i can think of that is actively limiting the number of cables you need to run your cooling set up inside your case. 

what about lian li's 2 cables out of 3-4 fans? 

13 minutes ago, NorKris said:

what about lian li's 2 cables out of 3-4 fans? 

have a link to what you mean?