Vesa mount.

Hinjima
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,
3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Hey!  I am looking to purchase this monitor XG27AQ  For sim racing use and I need to attach it to a monitor arm.  The monitor is VESA compatible, will this work with any VESA 100mm x 100mm monitor arm? I don't need any separate adapters or anything?

By: VESA wall mount kit is purchase seperately, they just mean any VESA arm or wall mount right?
I'm such a noob when it comes to this, never used VESA before.

image.thumb.png.80f807a7e910189eaf631a13e15dc5a9.png

Yes. Just a note though, Vesa 100x100 is just the square, not the depth. It mentions the EXACT screw you need, so make sure to get one with that screw, otherwise you are going to have to get a bit creative 😛 

Hey!  I am looking to purchase this monitor XG27AQ  For sim racing use and I need to attach it to a monitor arm.  The monitor is VESA compatible, will this work with any VESA 100mm x 100mm monitor arm? I don't need any separate adapters or anything?

By: VESA wall mount kit is purchase seperately, they just mean any VESA arm or wall mount right?

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Yes. Just a note though, Vesa 100x100 is just the square, not the depth. It mentions the EXACT screw you need, so make sure to get one with that screw, otherwise you are going to have to get a bit creative 😛 

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Fair enough. Finding M4 x10mm aint' too difficult.  It does list UL thing with minimum weight /load at 22.7kg.  Non of the monitors arms I'v seen have that rated, just weight ratings for the monitor itself.

31 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Fair enough. Finding M4 x10mm aint' too difficult.  It does list UL thing with minimum weight /load at 22.7kg.  Non of the monitors arms I'v seen have that rated, just weight ratings for the monitor itself.

I wouldn't make it too complicated. Pretty much every monitor I have is mounted using the VESA mount. You just buy a mount that is the correct pattern and move on. The screw length, is to prevent you from hitting anything inside the monitor / TV. The other part, they just don't want you doing something crazy, and hanging it one something not sturdy enough to support the monitor.  You'll find some that claim UL listed, but you'll probably find a lot more that aren't.

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

I wouldn't make it too complicated. Pretty much every monitor I have is mounted using the VESA mount. You just buy a mount that is the correct pattern and move on. The screw length, is to prevent you from hitting anything inside the monitor / TV. The other part, they just don't want you doing something crazy, and hanging it one something not sturdy enough to support the monitor.  You'll find some that claim UL listed, but you'll probably find a lot more that aren't.

Ok thank you!  I bough the monitor and a monitor arm that can support up to 9KG, the monitor itself is 5KG without the foot.
This is what I bought.  iiglo is a in house brand for this website, Norway's largest web retailer for PC hardware ( Bought everything I own from them )
https://www.komplett.no/product/1122862/datautstyr/skjermer/skjermstativ-og-skjermfeste/iiglo-mantis-single-monitor-arm-silver

58 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Ok thank you!  I bough the monitor and a monitor arm 

Should be good to go then most of the stands / mounts I've bought come with a selection of screws, bolts, and spacers as well for the monitor or TV. So they generally have everything you need. 

As tempting as it seems to throw the old base out, I would keep it. They are virtually impossible to come by later if you ever decide to go back to the OEM stand.

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Should be good to go then most of the stands / mounts I've bought come with a selection of screws, bolts, and spacers as well for the monitor or TV. So they generally have everything you need. 

As tempting as it seems to throw the old base out, I would keep it. They are virtually impossible to come by later if you ever decide to go back to the OEM stand.

Oh, I always keep any extra hardware neatly sorted in my attic! Even have my GPU box for my old Gainward GTX 260.. With the GPU on my shelf here for display^^  This monitor will be put on a monitor arm so I can have it right above my steering wheel in a simrig.