Will R7 7800x 3d bottleneck rtx 4070ti?

rocket_chele
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Dont worry about the bottleneck.

What fps do you want to reach? Warzone whatever the version still hits engine limits starting at around 160-180fps.

I have an R5 7600x paired with rtx 4070ti, which bottlenecks my GPU in Warzone 2.0 at 1080p resolution, so I was planning to upgrade the processor to  R7 7800x, will it bottleneck my GPU, alos I have 32 gigs 6000mhz ram and 850-watt psu, also please suggest some benchmark simulator kind of tool

What fps do you want to reach? Warzone whatever the version still hits engine limits starting at around 160-180fps.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

my friends with RTX 2070 getting same fps at same settings using optimal settings which is around 120 - 140 fps, that is what bothering me

26 minutes ago, rocket_chele said:

my friends with RTX 2070 getting same fps at same settings using optimal settings which is around 120 - 140 fps, that is what bothering me

And what cpu are they running.

Before you spend money have msi afterburner running with the in game overlay and turn on all the individual cores. Then see if any are going to 100% consistently (sudden peaks are normal). 

If not then well thats not a hardware issue here but a game issue

What is the refresh rate of your monitor ? There is little point to run a game at 300 fps with a 75Hz monitor.

14 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

What is the refresh rate of your monitor ? There is little point to run a game at 300 fps with a 75Hz monitor.

240hz, 1080

14 hours ago, jaslion said:

And what cpu are they running.

Before you spend money have msi afterburner running with the in game overlay and turn on all the individual cores. Then see if any are going to 100% consistently (sudden peaks are normal). 

If not then well thats not a hardware issue here but a game issue

r7 5800x3d, no my cpu usage is staying around 50 to 65 % while gpu stays around 30 to 70% depends on the map

3 hours ago, rocket_chele said:

r7 5800x3d, no my cpu usage is staying around 50 to 65 % while gpu stays around 30 to 70% depends on the map

What is your per core usage. Not overall cpu usage.

Is one or more cores at 100%?

If not simply put nothing is being held back. It's the game.