Nvme drive will impact GPU performance ?

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing if using an NVMe drive could negatively impact my GPU performance. Currently, my GPU is somewhat limited as it operates on PCIe 3.0 at x8 instead of PCIe 4.0 at x8, which my motherboard doesn't support. I'm concerned that adding an NVMe drive might further limit my GPU performance.

I checked my motherboard manual and noticed that using the NVMe drive will result in losing two out of the six SATA connectors, but it doesn't mention any other potential losses. However, since I'm not experienced with installing NVMe drives, I'd like to get some assurance from experts in this community.

Back when I first started learning about computer hardware, NVMe drives weren't yet widely available, and SATA SSDs were just beginning to emerge. I appreciate any insights or advice you can provide regarding this matter. Thank you!

Pc specs :

Gigabyte b450 gaming X

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled

MSI RX 6600XT 8gb

Bitfenix formula gold 550w

3 hdd´s from WD ,(1 wd green (500gb) , 1wd black (2tb) ,1 wd blue (1tb))

1 sata ssd (Kioxia 480gb)

Case NOX Coolbay SX Blue

AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz

PS: I will remove the HDD´s btw (at least 2 of them ) , so yes I will have enough Sata ports.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

M.2 slots won't affect the gpu on your board. The b450 chipset doesn't allow splitting cpu lanes here.

Thank you ! 😄