MSI mag b550m bazooka not detecting nvme sdd after reboot, Please Help!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Bobby529,
3 hours ago, Bobby529 said:

sorry to bring the bad new i think it is a dead drive i could be wrong

if this is the answer please mark this as the answer

Hello, hope you are doing well.

Two days ago I booted my PC in the morning as usual, at first the windows logo loading screen was visible and seem to be stuck on the loader for solid 5 mins so I pushed the reset button (idk if its the right term) on my case. after that the bios are not detecting the nvme ssd (that I am using for my boot drive) on the M.2 slot on my motherboard.

so far I've tried updated my BIOS, reseting my BIOS to default, reset by removing my CMOS, tried the second M.2 slot on my motherboard but nothing so far.

I've also toggle UEFI to CSM and back

This is my configuration:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8*2) 3600Mhz C18

Kingston A2000 M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Interface 500 GB (Drive that's not being detected)

500 GB HDD as a backup

Gigabyte RTX2060 rev 2.0

In BIOS under system status it says

M2_1      Not Present

M2_2      Not Present

I've not OCed anything, been using the exact setup for about an year with no problems

I've changed some settings in the BIOS after it was not detecting the ssd

PCI_E1 Gen Switch            Gen4

Chipset Gen Switch          Gen3

PCI_E1 Lanes Configuration          Auto

Thanks, alot

34 minutes ago, newwiththis said:

Hello, hope you are doing well.

Two days ago I booted my PC in the morning as usual, at first the windows logo loading screen was visible and seem to be stuck on the loader for solid 5 mins so I pushed the reset button (idk if its the right term) on my case. after that the bios are not detecting the nvme ssd (that I am using for my boot drive) on the M.2 slot on my motherboard.

so far I've tried updated my BIOS, reseting my BIOS to default, reset by removing my CMOS, tried the second M.2 slot on my motherboard but nothing so far.

I've also toggle UEFI to CSM and back

This is my configuration:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8*2) 3600Mhz C18

Kingston A2000 M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Interface 500 GB (Drive that's not being detected)

500 GB HDD as a backup

Gigabyte RTX2060 rev 2.0

In BIOS under system status it says

M2_1      Not Present

M2_2      Not Present

I've not OCed anything, been using the exact setup for about an year with no problems

I've changed some settings in the BIOS after it was not detecting the ssd

PCI_E1 Gen Switch            Gen4

Chipset Gen Switch          Gen3

PCI_E1 Lanes Configuration          Auto

Thanks, alot

Are your other dirves being detected. I have a feeling it could be a fualty drive. If you have another sd then plug that in just to see if the bios can recognise that. If the bios an recognis the other drivve then it is a dead drive

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

ALWAYS HAPPPY TO HELP NO CHALLENGE IS TO HARD FOR ME

Sorry I make lots of typos

4 minutes ago, Bobby529 said:

Are your other dirves being detected. I have a feeling it could be a fualty drive. If you have another sd then plug that in just to see if the bios can recognise that. If the bios an recognis the other drivve then it is a dead drive

This nvme ssd was working fine, can sdd die like that? I was getting pretty good read and write pretty much same as the day I bought, anyway. I don't have a second ssd right now, I will check that today

the other HDD is being detected 

I was searching for this issue, there were so many posts about other PCI devices was interfering with the M.2 and there is setting for the sata mode to be on M.2 but I couldn't find any of that.

Thanks,

51 minutes ago, newwiththis said:

This nvme ssd was working fine, can sdd die like that? I was getting pretty good read and write pretty much same as the day I bought, anyway. I don't have a second ssd right now, I will check that today

the other HDD is being detected 

I was searching for this issue, there were so many posts about other PCI devices was interfering with the M.2 and there is setting for the sata mode to be on M.2 but I couldn't find any of that.

Thanks,

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

28 minutes ago, Bobby529 said:

yeah, I guess, thanks for the help, can I ask you for a recommendation for the replacement.

Should it be nvme m.2 or a 2.5 inch sata ssd would be enough, or would make a difference in performance

can you kindly give me some of your recommendation for what to buy, I can't decide 

An m.2 SSD would be faster than a sata ssd. But M.2 might be more expenisve depedning on what you get. 

3 hours ago, Bobby529 said:

On 8/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, Bobby529 said:

If this does not fix the issue  please tell me