16GB (8x2 DDR4) Kingston Beast 3200mhz - Capped at 2400mhz with XMP, can't use 3200 even with adjusted frequency

TinolaLover

16GB (8x2 DDR4) Kingston Beast 3200mhz - Capped at 2400mhz with XMP, can't use 3200 even with adjusted frequency

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600x
Rx 580 4GB

Kingston Beast 3200mhz 16GB (8x2 DDR4)

MSI A320m Pro-E

Corsair CV 550

Might just be the limit of your memory controller. Put your RAM down to 2400Mhz and then run a Memtest, then increase the frequency by 100Mhz increments until you find the limit of what your system can handle.

3 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

Might just be the limit of your memory controller. Put your RAM down to 2400Mhz and then run a Memtest, then increase the frequency by 100Mhz increments until you find the limit of what your system can handle.

memtest?

Stock profiles on your RAM are most likely shit as it was also my experience with kingston dimms. 

Easiest way to get them to work would be using thaiphoon burner export Ram report and importing them to Ryzen dram calculator by selecting correct options.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, TinolaLover said:

Ryzen 5 1600x

AMD only specs your CPU at up to DDR4 2666. Anything above and beyond that is not guaranteed.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-1600x

The memory controller may not like RAM at that density at those speeds, or it's not auto-negotiating down to 2666. Can you force it to those speeds?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

AMD only specs your CPU at up to DDR4 2666. Anything above and beyond that is not guaranteed.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-1600x

The memory controller may not like RAM at that density at those speeds, or it's not auto-negotiating down to 2666. Can you force it to those speeds?

Tried everything on the bios part, xmp profile doesnt have beyond 2400mhz option

First time i built this rig, it did got a 3200mhz. Last night when i cmos reset, it only got the 2400 xmp max.. dunno why

4 minutes ago, TinolaLover said:

First time i built this rig, it did got a 3200mhz. Last night when i cmos reset, it only got the 2400 xmp max.. dunno why

If a system wont boot because of memory incompatibility then it will usually default to a known compatible profile.

You won't be able to push past 2400Mhz using XMP, you'll have to do it manually if you want to try higher clocks

3 minutes ago, NeverNotExhausted said:

If a system wont boot because of memory incompatibility then it will usually default to a known compatible profile.

You won't be able to push past 2400Mhz using XMP, you'll have to do it manually if you want to try higher clocks

how do to do it manually?

32 minutes ago, TinolaLover said:

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 hours ago, TinolaLover said:

Varies from motherboard to motherboard. Usually it will be somewhere near the CPU settings in the advanced view of your BIOS.

Tons of useful Youtube videos around to see what to look for like the one @Leventhas linked up above. Each motherboard vendor might have it tucked away somewhere different in the BIOS, but they all end up doing the same thing.

A good rule of thumb is that the default memory timings will be stable *Most* of the time, especially if you run clocks at lower speeds than the RAM is rated for. For context the memory in my main rig at home is rated for 18-22-22-42 timings and 3600Mhz. But I can only run it at 18-22-22-42 3400Mhz because the memory controller on my CPU can't handle 3600Mhz.

From what I can find online on your memory, the timings are rated at 16-18-18, so leave that alone. But manually set it to 2400Mhz, run a Memtest, then bump it up in increments of 100Mhz or so and run another test until you find the point where the system isn't stable anymore. Then set it back to the highest frequency that it was stable for.