Sony Posts $1.25 billion Loss Including Gaming Division

algoat

They made all in one PC's. Laptops, Desktops etc.

They didn't sell well. Many of the all in ones aren't selling well. 1) People hated Windows 8. 2) People are getting smarter and building their own because these all in ones suck. Some of the companies making PC gaming parts are making a killing. Nvidia would be one. 

thanks

Their ultrabooks got smashed by Apple and ASUS, their other laptops got smashed by Apple. Their tablets suck too.

Financial services: $1.65 billion

Neat.

Sony Pictures: $501 million

Surprised this isn't a negative number since the majority of modern Hollywood films and TV suck ass.

Music: $487 million

Another shocker considering the music industry makes really stupid decisions all the time and in some occasion, forces people to pirate.

Image Products and Solutions: $256 million

Neat.

PC: -$890 million

Not bothered. I'd rather build my own and if I need a notebook, I seriously would rather get a Macbook Pro, something from ASUS, MSI or Sager when it comes to Windows based gaming units.

Devices: -$126 million

What "devices"? This is vague.

Home Entertainment & Sound: -$248 million

Sony audio is like Beats and Boss. It's ok, but it's nothing special, get over yourselves. Not the consumers fault they are learning better.

Mobile Products: -$729 million

Kinda vague, but ok. The most widely used mobile product is the smartphone and Sony isn't really a top contender here.

Gaming: -$78 million

Sorry, but Sony doesn't offer enough exclusives anymore for them to be relevant in my eye these days. Think of the PS1 and PS2 and the massive library/success they've had. Tons of Sony only content during this era. Now, the shit all looks the same to me from both Sony and their competition, the Xbone. Plus some franchises are dull..Final Fantasy needs to die while it still has a small shred of dignity. People play games to play games, not watching a long cut scene. - Only saving grace I see here is if Sony were to say screw the American generic gamer and import games from Japan anyway. Back during the PS3 era, there was a game I really wanted and not only did it become Japanese only, but it was also canceled. Instead of pandering to "American gamers want FPS", bring ALL your games. Screw the generic pandering, not all of us care for pew pew all the time and are annoyed when gaming companies cancel an import based off the assumption "Americans don't get it".

Instead of being a jack of all trades and master of none, Sony should really consider axing off their non profitable branches and use their extra man power/cash to be the best in a given field. This is the problem for companies that grow too huge and try to do everything, they lose focus.

Lol Sony doesn't have enough exclusives anymore to be relevant? Uh.. it's like 6 months into their PS4 campaign, and the PS3 in my eyes did a great job.

Plus comparing the PS1/PS2 library to a newly released console is kind of insane.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.