240mm AIO for i7 13700k

I want to build a sff pc with the Lian Li A4-H2O with a i7 13700k and a 4070. The case only supports up to a 240mm rad, and I've heard the 13700k runs hot. Is a 240mm AIO going to be enough cooling? Part of workload is 3D renders and video editing so it could be under heavy sustained loads a lot. 

16 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

I want to build a sff pc with the Lian Li A4-H2O with a i7 13700k and a 4070. The case only supports up to a 240mm rad, and I've heard the 13700k runs hot. Is a 240mm AIO going to be enough cooling? Part of workload is 3D renders and video editing so it could be under heavy sustained loads a lot. 

It should be enough if it draws in fresh air, set the AIO pump speed to 100% ( This is ok ).  You can buy a Thermal Grizzly mounting plate for better contact on the cooler, this would help out quite a bit as well.  This works with 13th gen too.
https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/523-cpu-contact-frame-for-12th-gen-intel-by-der8auer-en

Or a cheaper Thermalright mounting plate, this works quite well too.

12 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

It should be enough if it draws in fresh air, set the AIO pump speed to 100% ( This is ok ).  You can buy a Thermal Grizzly mounting plate for better contact on the cooler, this would help out quite a bit as well.  This works with 13th gen too.
https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/523-cpu-contact-frame-for-12th-gen-intel-by-der8auer-en

maybe what I heard was wrong, but at some point someone said use those void the warranty on the chips. Is that true?

13 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I have an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 on a 9900k in an ITX case and it really didn't help much over an NH-D15s, until I flipped it to intake.  Given only a single 140mm (though granted I went for a Noctua NF-A14 iPPC) for exhaust I didn't think this would work well, but it absolutely did.

Just now, daaaaavia said:

maybe what I heard was wrong, but at some point someone said use those void the warranty on the chips. Is that true?

Unlikely, at worst it would invalidate the motherboard if you left visible damage.  If CPU and motherboard looks good as new, there is no way they could know.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

If you put the plate back the board came with and dont tell em then no

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I have an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 on a 9900k in an ITX case and it really didn't help much over an NH-D15s, until I flipped it to intake.  Given only a single 140mm (though granted I went for a Noctua NF-A14 iPPC) for exhaust I didn't think this would work well, but it absolutely did.

Unlikely, at worst it would invalidate the motherboard if you left visible damage.  If CPU and motherboard looks good as new, there is no way they could know.

It doesnnt really matter because they way im building the pc I can't a mounting plate even if I wanted one 😞

Just now, jaslion said:

If you put the plate back the board came with and dont tell em then no

as i said to someone else I learned I can't get a plate for this build because of the way its being built. bit of a bummer

As for aio in that case IF your board supports the width a arctic liquid freezer II would be about as good as it gets. Otherwise thr budget ek.

Have the fans intake + mounting plate like already said.

But also opt for a small undervolt which is going to save you heaps in heat output

Just now, daaaaavia said:

as i said to someone else I learned I can't get a plate for this build because of the way its being built. bit of a bummer

Thats defo going to impact performance.

Why cant you get a plate? Nothing should limit you from using one. They all fit

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thats defo going to impact performance.

Why cant you get a plate? Nothing should limit you from using one. They all fit

Its not that its incompatible but that I can't get one. I'm not building it myself and they way its working I just do have access to it

13 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Neither of those are compatible. Do you know anything about Cooler Master ML240L?

1 minute ago, daaaaavia said:

Neither of those are compatible. Do you know anything about Cooler Master ML240L?

Its my only AIO as I really didn't want to use one due to air coolers pretty much having an unlimited life span.

Admittedly I do have the largest ITX case I could fit into the space I have for it.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its my only AIO as I really didn't want to use one due to air coolers pretty much having an unlimited life span.

Admittedly I do have the largest ITX case I could fit into the space I have for it.

No worries. I appreciate the help

6 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

Not at all good enough. About as low end of an aio as it gets

Just now, jaslion said:

Not at all good enough. About as low end of an aio as it gets

Sff may not be in the cards for this pc, oh well