4060ti low fps

Lucs

I had just recently built a new computer with a 4060ti (8gb) everything was running perfectly fine i would run valorant on 350-450 fps but just yesterday i was running it on 150 fps. Its not just valorant aswell, Destiny 2 I was running 150 fps but now im running it on 75-50 fps. I have no idea how this was caused and its scaring me because i fear that my gpu can break any day  now. 

Just now, Lucs said:

I had just recently built a new computer with a 4060ti (8gb) everything was running perfectly fine i would run valorant on 350-450 fps but just yesterday i was running it on 150 fps. Its not just valorant aswell, Destiny 2 I was running 150 fps but now im running it on 75-50 fps. I have no idea how this was caused and its scaring me because i fear that my gpu can break any day  now. 

It cant be my CPU because I have a i7 13700k.

6 minutes ago, Lucs said:

I have no idea how this was caused and its scaring me because i fear that my gpu can break any day  now

the card running normally isn't a sign of it breaking

whats the refresh rate of the monitor.

20 minutes ago, Lucs said:

It cant be my CPU because I have a i7 13700k.

I'd install HWinfo64 and see if you're thermal throttling on the CPU. Comboing a 4060ti and a 13700k provokes concern about the other hardware choices made, including providing proper cooling to a 13700k.

I'd also recommend a full parts list and potentially photos so we can tell you what might be afoot.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

43 minutes ago, emosun said:

the card running normally isn't a sign of it breaking

whats the refresh rate of the monitor.

165 hz

34 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'd install HWinfo64 and see if you're thermal throttling on the CPU. Comboing a 4060ti and a 13700k provokes concern about the other hardware choices made, including providing proper cooling to a 13700k.

I'd also recommend a full parts list and potentially photos so we can tell you what might be afoot.

Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4

CPU: Core i7 13700k

GPU: ASUS DUAL FAN RTX 4060TI 

CPU COOLER:  COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RBG BLACK EDITION

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 PRO (1TB)

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RBG PRO DDR4 (32GB) 3600MHz

PSU: CORSAIR RM750X (750W)

CASE: PHANTEKS G360A

22 minutes ago, Lucs said:

Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4

CPU: Core i7 13700k

GPU: ASUS DUAL FAN RTX 4060TI 

CPU COOLER:  COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 RBG BLACK EDITION

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 PRO (1TB)

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RBG PRO DDR4 (32GB) 3600MHz

PSU: CORSAIR RM750X (750W)

CASE: PHANTEKS G360A

The hyper 212 is quite an old cooler, where I can see it struggling with a 13700k in standard configuration. You're probably thermal throttling on the CPU enough to drop the framerate, so I'd validate that with a software like HWinfo64 before messing with any hardware.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

The hyper 212 is quite an old cooler, where I can see it struggling with a 13700k in standard configuration. You're probably thermal throttling on the CPU enough to drop the framerate, so I'd validate that with a software like HWinfo64 before messing with any hardware.

an update! so I've opened up my side panel to see that the gpu fans arent spinning would this be the problem?

1 minute ago, Lucs said:

an update! so I've opened up my side panel to see that the gpu fans arent spinning would this be the problem?

They'll stop spinning under low load, like if you're not running a game or the GPU isn't drawing much power. If its happening while you're gaming, then something is likely limiting it, since its less likely that both GPU fans have failed.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

they spun fine so gpu fans arent the problem. I checked intel extreme tuning utility  thermal throttling doesnt seem to be the issue 

image_2023-08-02_112618277.png

ive figured out the problem and im honestly embarrassed for wasting your time. Turns out it automatically put my game at 4k resolution which is bad for a 4060ti I apologize I should have figured this out within a second. @Agall

22 minutes ago, Lucs said:

ive figured out the problem and im honestly embarrassed for wasting your time. Turns out it automatically put my game at 4k resolution which is bad for a 4060ti I apologize I should have figured this out within a second. @Agall

All good, sometimes it just takes asking some questions to another person to point you in the right direction, directly or indirectly 🙂 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500