Nix os on 2015 macbook pro

So, after alot of trial an error, I was able to put nixos on my old macbook. as I still wanted to continue using it.

How ever some of the hardware doesn't seem to be running correctly or not at all. I am suspecting it could be the driver not properly being "installed" or using a basic driver. 
It says there are no sound devices installed. But I can get sound but I can not change any of the settings. wifi keeps cutting and not stable etc

28 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

So, after alot of trial an error, I was able to put nixos on my old macbook. as I still wanted to continue using it.

How ever some of the hardware doesn't seem to be running correctly or not at all. I am suspecting it could be the driver not properly being "installed" or using a basic driver. 
It says there are no sound devices installed. But I can get sound but I can not change any of the settings. wifi keeps cutting and not stable etc

sounds fun. what year is the macbook?

edit: I have a bad habit of reading the post rather than the title. whoops

never overclock your underwear

On 8/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, Stin6667 said:

When I have wifi issues on linux it is 99.9% due to power management on the wifi card.

check the wifi card name with the command ip a

after that do a

nix-shell -p wirelesstools ( or install it )
iwconfig wificardname power off

this will imperatively turn off wifi power management so you can find out if that is the root cause of the issue. ( this is probably the issue)

If that is the root cause of the issue, if you are using network manager, you can add this to you config.

networking.networkmanager.wifi.powersave = false; ( if you are using iwd as the backend for network manager instead of the default wpa_supplicant or u are using systemd-networkd with iwd as a backend then you will have to get creative and find your own way of getting wifi power management off at boot)

then you can confirm that wifi power management is indeed disabled by issuing the command iwconfig without any parameter and that should show u all the info u need to know about the state of you power management I think.

On 8/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, Stin6667 said:

regarding audio, post ur nixos config, perhaps there is something u need to adjust there???