Focusrite scarlett 2i2 issue

StarsMars
Go to solution Solved by VoidX,

Sorry, but this is a driver bug that likely won't be fixed. Restarting a PC also causes it for me. I made myself a custom USB cable with a button that breaks the power and thus resets the device. Otherwise, you always have to unplug-replug when this happens.

This might be a long shot.

I'm running my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen2 through the KVM in my monitor, because I switch between computers for work and personal.

About half the time when I switch back to my personal device at the end of the day, the Focusrite will show up as an output and input like it should. But no sound is coming through the headphones.

After unplugging and plugging the 2i2 back in.

Relaunching the Focusrite "software."

Nothing works besides rebooting the entire device.

I've also tried reinstalling the software to make sure the drivers are up to date.

This is almost completely narrowed down to using it through the KVM in the monitor, but I'm hoping there is a way to make it work.

Even if that means a different audio interface.

Sorry, but this is a driver bug that likely won't be fixed. Restarting a PC also causes it for me. I made myself a custom USB cable with a button that breaks the power and thus resets the device. Otherwise, you always have to unplug-replug when this happens.

10 hours ago, VoidX said:

Motu M2 is my next move then. Thank you.