Aorus RTX 2070 (base model and not super) crashing

DaveKari

Hi all!
My girlfriend's RTX 2070 started acting up. She tried playing with Scum and the card suddenly crashed. Refused to give display and things like that. There was a few cases where it just didn't want to display, sometime it just froze. I replaced the pads and the paste, no help. Also started coil wining. HELP PLS!

2 minutes ago, DaveKari said:

Hi all!
My girlfriend's RTX 2070 started acting up. She tried playing with Scum and the card suddenly crashed. Refused to give display and things like that. There was a few cases where it just didn't want to display, sometime it just froze. I replaced the pads and the paste, no help. Also started coil wining. HELP PLS!

Sounds like a dying card. Do a DDU in safe mode and if that didn't work then, rip.

10 minutes ago, DaveKari said:

Hi all!

Try doing a clean install of drivers, clean througly the card with compressed air, make sure it's inserted all the way in the pcie slot and check the power connectors for loose connections.

You might also want to try another HDMI/DP cable.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid you'll have to replace it 😞

If you want to not spend much you can buy an used gpu on ebay, they cost a fraction of the cost and work almost identical to the out of the box counterpart (AS LONG AS YOU MAKE SURE THE VENDOR IS RELIABLE! DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW THEY USED IT!)

I work in a PC repair shop so I was fortunate enough to be able to test the card in more than 1 PC and on fresh installs and on multiple cable+monitor. Unfortunatelly it is probably a dying card I was just wondering maybe someone has a clue what coud cause this issue, so I might be able to replace it.