1st time buying - is this normal?

IamTC

Hey people,

I placed an order on the 15 of July (Santa Clara address, California time): 1 x screwdriver, 1 x philips bit set and some free bonus sweatband thing.

Ok. I get that I put in an order at a bad time (LIME day). So I monitored my order and waited till 23 July before reaching out to support.

Now that its 26 July, my multiple attempts reaching out to support came back empty.

Is this normal? What am I missing? What should I be expecting when buying from LTTstore? As far as I can tell, none of my items are on back-order status.

I discovered LTT during the pandemic and have been following the screwdriver development before deciding its the one I'll buy.

To be honest, the experience has been mildy disappointing.

TC

First, you would have gotten this on the 16th:

image.png.6586f559461b6a66fa19c3d32267854d.png

Second:  Have you gotten an email from LTTStore / Wizmo yet?

Most of the LIME day orders haven't hit peoples doorsteps yet.

And yes:  you're being impatient.

It should look like this:

image.png.b2ae26498f90cb543c0506b910564bb6.png

It's not unusual for several days to pass between your shipping confirmation email and your package actually moving. The warehouse has a habit of pre-printing a bunch of shipping labels (which triggers the system to send you the "your shipment is on the way" email), then putting them on boxes as the orders are picked. I believe they also bundle orders that are leaving Canada onto pallets, truck them across the border to Washington state, then dispatch the individual orders from there.

Lime Day also generated something like ten times the average number of orders at once, so they had a huge glut of orders to fulfill. 

Support sent a general email on the 16th, that said they expected all orders up to #666700 to be processed by this past Sunday. You should at least have a tracking number by now, if it hasn't already started moving.

I placed my order on the 13th, got my tracking number on the 18th, and it crossed the border on the 21st. Now it has to make its way to me on the east coast; my current arrival estimate is this Friday (the 28th).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

29 minutes ago, IamTC said:

Hey people,

I placed an order on the 15 of July (Santa Clara address, California time): 1 x screwdriver, 1 x philips bit set and some free bonus sweatband thing.

Ok. I get that I put in an order at a bad time (LIME day). So I monitored my order and waited till 23 July before reaching out to support.

Now that its 26 July, my multiple attempts reaching out to support came back empty.

Is this normal? What am I missing? What should I be expecting when buying from LTTstore? As far as I can tell, none of my items are on back-order status.

I discovered LTT during the pandemic and have been following the screwdriver development before deciding its the one I'll buy.

To be honest, the experience has been mildy disappointing.

TC

I placed an order back on July 12th and am just receiving it tomorrow from what I can tell. Although I received a shipping notification back on July 17th. tkitch above laid out when you might be able to expect your shipment to be dispatched though based on an e-mail the team sent out during Lime Day - not sure if you received it though or not.

Expect longer than usual shipping times with items from LTT Store. They don't directly ship from their facility with carriers and use an intermediary to help with the shipments so it takes longer than what you might expect from other companies. 

A good rule of thumb when ordering from lttstore.com is to buy it, then completely forget about it. Make sure you're ok not seeing it for a month or more.  Don't even look at the shipping updates. It will come eventually. Trust me, when it does come, you will be very excited.

Thanks NeedFulDoer, Frozenlpaq and AamirA for your response. It is useful to my current predicament.

Yeah. Unfortunately, for my 15 July order, I have not had shipping confirmation nor tracking number. The status remains "Order Confirmed" and the email I did get is for order confirm. Also checked spam folder.

I did get the general email - that was why I delayed reaching out until their back-to-normal date (8 days after my order), initially 23 July. Now its been changed to 24 July. So I reached out to them end of 23rd July, hoping for a response over the next couple days.

To be clear: I reached out to ask for "when it will ship" , not so much pushing for "get to me asap". I understand most merchants have no control once its leaves their shop, whatever shipping partner they might have choosen.

The purpose of my post is to get a sense of the "market rate" around here. It seems, for this context, LIME day or not, I should have budgeted 1 month to lttstore orders. I had planned with half month's time. Looks like this is where I've gotten it wrong.

Any case, thank you NeedFulDoer, Frozenlpaq and AamirA for your response. Didn't expect to get multiple replies so fast.

Ah well ...

When did you first reach out to support? Did you receive an automated response immediately after contacting?

Hello LMGcommunity,

This is approximate full log of the interactions I've had.

Upon order, 15 July : got order confirm email

Right after order, 15 July, via the "Contact Us" form, I sent a msg with delivery instructions (i.e. door code) to ensure deliveryman can get through the main door to my unit. For this , I got a automated confirm.

17 July : someone responded to me regard above msg, telling me no guarantee the msg can be included. I can live with that: I just need to monitor the main door like a hawk everyday.

23 July, 2137 hours : Did not use "Contact Us", replied with a 2 sentence probe to the same email thread of the 17 July reply from lttstore staff, thinking that I should not be opening new msg since it is on the same order.

25 July, 0919 hours : Replied to same 17 July email thread, more sentences, more probing and more context to my predicament. I signaled that I might have to change to an alternate address if it cannot arrive by end 1 Aug. I also signaled I can live late ship but lack of comms is very hard for me as I cannot plan ahead and try to make it happen on my end.

25 July, 2032 hours : Sensed something might be off. Switch to using "Contact Us" , contents essentially same as immediate above, got automated confirm

26 July, 0844 hours : went through "Contact Us" again, also got auto confirm, signaled that I'm ok not to have the free stuff if the free stuff are the ones blocking the ship out. That is the only item I am not sure if it is backordered. Gave my alternate address, signaled that order really really has to reach my alternate address by 6 Aug, if not i would have to consider options.

So yeah. Each time I go through "Contact Us" I get an auto confirm fairly quick.

But at the end of the say, might have been simpler if I had just prepared myself mentally and budget a whole month. I had the time and space to do so but I didn't know better.

TC

28 minutes ago, IamTC said:

The purpose of my post is to get a sense of the "market rate" around here. It seems, for this context, LIME day or not, I should have budgeted 1 month to lttstore orders. I had planned with half month's time. Looks like this is where I've gotten it wrong.

The one month thing was more figurative. To answer your question, my non-lime day order only took 16 days to arrive in PA. My lime day order is supposed to arrive tomorrow so even less, 15 days to get here. I just know for people who live in different places it can take crazy long. You not getting a tracking number is very weird and probably an mistake by someone. Unlucky. My experience with LTT support has also been quite quick, so idk man. Hope everything works out

There is now a sort of conclusion to my predicament: a happy and not-sure-to-be-happy end.

Happy : finally shipped this evening. Shipper is UPS.

Not-sure-to-be-happy : I had requested for a change of shipping address but - nothing heard out and looking at the tracking info : doesn't seem to be effected. I guess I now have a risk the package will arrive at an address that I've already moved on from.

Crossing fingers.

2 hours ago, IamTC said:

There is now a sort of conclusion to my predicament: a happy and not-sure-to-be-happy end.

Happy : finally shipped this evening. Shipper is UPS.

Not-sure-to-be-happy : I had requested for a change of shipping address but - nothing heard out and looking at the tracking info : doesn't seem to be effected. I guess I now have a risk the package will arrive at an address that I've already moved on from.

Crossing fingers.

Maybe this will help? https://www.ups.com/us/en/track/change-delivery.page. Never done it myself, just knew it existed

13 hours ago, IamTC said:

HMMMM....

Thanks for the heads up.

You'll need to enroll into a UPS program to get access to the delivery hold option which is what you would need. You can request the shipment to be held locally somewhere else aside from the residence on file and pick it up. If I recall there might be an address verification though before you are able to do that but worth looking into.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st time buy on LTT Store finally came to a full conclusion.

Fortunately, the package arrived just in the nick of time.

Putting up some shipping information for others in the future - to give a sense of what kind of timings to expect, keeping in mind that this is an edge case scenario, where the store have been overwhelmed by record massive orders.

Order was paid for on 15 July. Shipping label created 26 July. Arrived evening of 1 Aug

Product is quality.

TC

shipping_va_sj.png

11 hours ago, IamTC said:

My 1st time buy on LTT Store finally came to a full conclusion.

Fortunately, the package arrived just in the nick of time.

Putting up some shipping information for others in the future - to give a sense of what kind of timings to expect, keeping in mind that this is an edge case scenario, where the store have been overwhelmed by record massive orders.

Order was paid for on 15 July. Shipping label created 26 July. Arrived evening of 1 Aug

Product is quality.

TC

shipping_va_sj.png

there are a lot of facilities

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!