Buying a cam or iphone

So I am gonna be traveling to another country for 2 weeks and I wanted to take a camera so I can click sum pics.I picked the 250D,as I am a complete beginnier for cameras.I went and asked a professional photographer and videographer about whether I should buy a iphone 11 or a 250D and he gave me his opinios(or facts)

He said that canon cameras with two digits are better (80D) cause the wastage is low when clicking pics.And that I also need a dry cabinet to stored them because if not fungus will grow.I am working on a very tight budget so I don't have good options.I though of take a plastic case with good sealmant and drop some dry packets,and stores it in a warm place.Our humidity is quite low too.He gave me second thoughts of buying a camera.

I asked about the iphone 11 and he said that it is not very good,and he recommended the 13 promax,which is out of Budget.

He also said that to be good at photography it may take atleast 2 weeks or more,but I got less than that.

I thought that I could work on the camera,day and night using yt vids.

I'm in a tight spot,any answers would be helpful 

Honestly if you just want to take pictures for memories, an iPhone 11 is just fine. The best camera is the one you have with you and it's a lot more pleasant to carry around your phone than a giant camera. I'm sure the professional doesn't want to use it, but for us normal people phone cameras are amazing. It's something you already have, it's already sealed enough so you don't have to worry about fungus or mold in your lens, and you are unlikely to forget it. If you want something with a bit more punch you can get something like the Moment lenses.

21 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

And that I also need a dry cabinet to stored them because if not fungus will grow.

Personally, I don't have one and I've had my gear in either their canvas cases or hard shells, or my Lowepro bag that is in a climate controlled room (central air conditioning). I do not take my gear out on very humid days and leave it inside for the majority of the time. If I do take it out, I leave it in the bag for at least 20 minutes to let the bag, as well as lenses and camera bodies, to acclimate to the temperature inside...mainly for cold weather and heated indoors but just as a precaution. I'm a hobbyist and not an everyday professional photographer that makes money from photography so that's why I can see getting a dry cabinet then. 

Definitely check out some basic how to videos on photography. One channel I really like is Tony & Chelsea Northrup. If you shoot manual, learn the exposure triangle!!! A very important skill to understand when shooting manually. Canon cameras with 2 digits (60D, 70D, 80D, 90D) are APS-C crop sensor cameras, so multiply the mm lens size by 1.6 to achieve full frame equivalent mm size. This effectively "crops" the photo from a FF sensor...great for wildlife to get "closer" to the subject. Ex: a 100mm lens on an APS-C camera will be a 160mm equivalent full frame. Canon's full frames are single digit cameras, which offer better dynamic range, digital noise, and aren't "cropped" as their APS-C cousins. Try looking for a Canon 6D if your on a budget and keep in mind the shutter count...how many shutter actuations. Before really recommending the 6D, what camera lens do you own? Also, what smartphone are you currently using? It may just be a better option to use that instead of learning a DSLR due to time. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

18 minutes ago, rowdypixel said:

Honestly if you just want to take pictures for memories, an iPhone 11 is just fine. The best camera is the one you have with you and it's a lot more pleasant to carry around your phone than a giant camera. I'm sure the professional doesn't want to use it, but for us normal people phone cameras are amazing. It's something you already have, it's already sealed enough so you don't have to worry about fungus or mold in your lens, and you are unlikely to forget it. If you want something with a bit more punch you can get something like the Moment lenses.

I just want a thing which is affordable and can capture high quality pictures,I thought of getting a camera because we don't have one,but after the trip there is no use until like I travel somewhere again

11 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Personally, I don't have one and I've had my gear in either their canvas cases or hard shells, or my Lowepro bag that is in a climate controlled room (central air conditioning). I do not take my gear out on very humid days and leave it inside for the majority of the time. If I do take it out, I leave it in the bag for at least 20 minutes to let the bag, as well as lenses and camera bodies, to acclimate to the temperature inside...mainly for cold weather and heated indoors but just as a precaution. I'm a hobbyist and not an everyday professional photographer that makes money from photography so that's why I can see getting a dry cabinet then. 

Definitely check out some basic how to videos on photography. One channel I really like is Tony & Chelsea Northrup. If you shoot manual, learn the exposure triangle!!! A very important skill to understand when shooting manually. Canon cameras with 2 digits (60D, 70D, 80D, 90D) are APS-C crop sensor cameras, so multiply the mm lens size by 1.6 to achieve full frame equivalent mm size. This effectively "crops" the photo from a FF sensor...great for wildlife to get "closer" to the subject. Ex: a 100mm lens on an APS-C camera will be a 160mm equivalent full frame. Canon's full frames are single digit cameras, which offer better dynamic range, digital noise, and aren't "cropped" as their APS-C cousins. Try looking for a Canon 6D if your on a budget and keep in mind the shutter count...how many shutter actuations. Before really recommending the 6D, what camera lens do you own? Also, what smartphone are you currently using? It may just be a better option to use that instead of learning a DSLR due to time. 

Do you recommend an iphone over a 250D as I am a beginner and I have less time to practice with it?I am interested in learning to use a camera,I built my PC without experience by just using yt vids so I think I can manage...

3 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

I just want a thing which is affordable and can capture high quality pictures,I thought of getting a camera because we don't have one,but after the trip there is no use until like I travel somewhere again

What phone do you have now?

Iphones arent magic with their camera quality.

Also for zooming and stuff some cheaper pocket camera's are totally fine. For pictures just for the memories just really dont need much

5 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

Do you recommend an iphone over a 250D as I am a beginner and I have less time to practice with it?I am interested in learning to use a camera,I built my PC without experience by just using yt vids so I think I can manage...

An iphone/smartphone camera is essentially a point & shoot camera...not too much to it. It really just comes down to how much time you can invest in learning to use your camera around and about. Building a computer is a one and done procedure...but a camera can take awhile such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Every shot will require different settings at different places. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

30 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What phone do you have now?

Iphones arent magic with their camera quality.

Also for zooming and stuff some cheaper pocket camera's are totally fine. For pictures just for the memories just really dont need much

I got a OPPO A15

23 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

An iphone/smartphone camera is essentially a point & shoot camera...not too much to it. It really just comes down to how much time you can invest in learning to use your camera around and about. Building a computer is a one and done procedure...but a camera can take awhile such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Every shot will require different settings at different places. 

What do would you take in my situation 

4 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

What do would you take in my situation 

Well I'd try and learn, but I know there's always gonna be, "Oh I could have done X Y Z" in a particular photo when doing post processing. That's just me though. 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well I'd try and learn, but I know there's always gonna be, "Oh I could have done X Y Z" in a particular photo when doing post processing. That's just me though. 

I have less than 10days to learn  though 

1 minute ago, GeorgeWonks said:

It's really up to you to invest time in learning how to use a camera. That is a decision you will have to make.

13 hours ago, GeorgeWonks said:

In ten days, you can learn how to push the button and get a proper exposure. In ten days, you can't learn how to take a good picture.