Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Yuval

For along time i have wondered about this mouse, It has so many unique features, for better or worst which make it stand out from the crowd of gaming mice out there. This is not going to be a review on the usual stuff people talk about, i'm going to bring out points i noticed while using the mouse which could be bad or good, i will in a nutshell talk about some of the must categories when reviewing products, this is my first review so any feedback would be nice.

Build quality

Well this is a pretty obvious thing when it comes to the new G series by logitech, It's built to last and it will, the materials which it is built from feel great in the hand with a couple of setbacks:

The plastic lines around the mouse which in my eyes seem more for design purposes than practicality, it's a glossy plastic which comes in contact with your hand, i minor complain but is noticeable at some points while using the mouse.

Also the scroll wheel just doesn't feel good, having a G500 and a R.A.T 7, which may not have the best scroll wheel it definitely felt better, the G602's scroll wheel's is not really loose, and as this is logitech i would've wanted their fancy scroll wheel which most logitech G mice have, sad it wasn't added to this mouse.

g602-game.jpg

Button placement

Short and sweet, it's good but not perfect, for the most part every macro on the mouse can be pressed without any issues, beside the G9 and G6 on the left thumb rest, which can be abit awkward to use, i use mine to show the battery level (as default and the other is undefined. 

Logitech-g602-3.jpg

Wireless?

My main concern before buying this mouse, good news are the mouse is lag free but the sacrifices for battery life are noticeable, mainly one big issue i am having at the moment, is that after a few minutes of inactivity the mouse will go into some sort of sleep mode and takes around a 0.5- second to wake up, as of now i have not found a setting which disables this feature (and i am in performance mode). I would love disabling this feature and having to replace my batteries once a week instead of the 250 hours advertised (have not used it for that long so i can't say if this is true).

I do want to say that i cannot tell any difference from a 1ms (1000hz) wired mouse to a 2ms (500hz) wireless mouse, so at least that is nice. 

Sensor

The sensor is a 2500 DPI sensor, and DPI can be changed with 250 DPI steps unlike some other laser mice which have 50 DPI steps and etc... Could matter to you or not, for me i didn't really care as i previously used a 1250 DPI setting on my old mouse. Also i will not go into detail about accuracy of the sensor, i can't be bothered with that as i frankly don't care if it's optical or laser for me it's the feature i take into consideration last as in my eyes comfort is the number one priority when buying a mouse.  

Another issue with this mouse is the lift off distance, it's clearly noticeable and some points annoying but i am sure if you are resourceful enough you can solve this by yourself (saw many guides using tape to lower the lift off distance) 

In conclusion, I like it, while it is not the perfect mouse it's the best wireless one around. I came from the Cyborg RAT 7 which had a stiff cable which lead to allot of drag and i couldn't stand it, to the point of me wishing to buy a wireless mouse, with this in mind i wanted something with extra buttons and good build quality (as the RAT 7 side buttons broke after one month of being used as push to talk on TS, each one of them...) and thinking wireless i wanted good battery life, just enough to last a day or two, So in my eyes this mouse is a 8/10.

Thanks for reading and hopefully i helped some of you, please any feedback would be nice as i would like to keep doing this reviews. 

:/

I've been using the G602 for about five months, and only changed the batteries once. The advertized battery life is correct, it lasts a looong time. :P

For your "sleep" issue after a few minutes of activity, I haven't noticed anything like that. It's not as if I'm constantly "not touching it" for a few minutes, and then suddently I have to make a super quick move in a competitive FPS, so it's really not a big deal. Contact Logitech, they have a great CS and I'm sure they'll let you know what you can do about that.

Button placement

Short and sweet, it's good but not perfect, for the most part every macro on the mouse can be pressed without any issues, beside the G9 and G6 on the left thumb rest, which can be abit awkward to use, i use mine to show the battery level (as default and the other is undefined. 

Sensor

The sensor is a 2500 DPI sensor, and DPI can be changed with 250 DPI steps unlike some other laser mice which have 50 DPI steps and etc.

I see your problem with the G9 button, but on the other hand the G6 button IMHO is rather easy to press, as you can just push it up (not "in").

Also the Sensor IS adjustable in 50 DPI steps ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I see your problem with the G9 button, but on the other hand the G6 button IMHO is rather easy to press, as you can just push it up (not "in").

Also the Sensor IS adjustable in 50 DPI steps ;)

The software doesn't allow doing this then D;

The software doesn't allow doing this then D;

Have you gotten the latest drivers?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

How are the ergonomics? Is it comfortable? The shape seems a little unnatural. The rubber on top, what does it feel like? Is it grippy?

I should be studying.

My batteries on my G602 last me at least a month and a half, you may have a lemon???

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

How are the ergonomics? Is it comfortable? The shape seems a little unnatural. The rubber on top, what does it feel like? Is it grippy?

The ergonomics are subjective, but imo pretty good, it doesn't feel unnatural, the rubber is not very grippy, it does have some grip to it though, it's nothing to worry about.