I'm replace my old mobo with a B650 Carbon Wifi, any users can reccomend it?

Caught my eye since it was good looking, was at a decent price and is compatible with my current hardware, plus MSI is a trusted company for me so I'm pretty sure about buying it.

Can anyone tell me if it's a stable motherboard, and can run EXPO with no POST problems? I had to replace my old motherboard for this.

1 minute ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Caught my eye since it was good looking, was at a decent price and is compatible with my current hardware, plus MSI is a trusted company for me so I'm pretty sure about buying it.

Can anyone tell me if it's a stable motherboard, and can run EXPO with no POST problems? I had to replace my old motherboard for this.

I have not used this exact model, but I can tell you for sure that MSI does know what they are doing. My brother uses the X670-Pro Wi-Fi, which had some problems when we got it 2 weeks after launch, but with a quick BIOS update it was ready to go.

It also has this weird issue (present with the January BIOS patch) that it does not output the BIOS using the dedicated GPU, even if the iGPU is disabled.

Just now, AAVVIronAlex said:

I have not used this exact model, but I can tell you for sure that MSI does know what they are doing. My brother uses the X670-Pro Wi-Fi, which had some problems when we got it 2 weeks after launch, but with a quick BIOS update it was ready to go.

Yeah, I can understand buggy BIOSes, my current x670e TUF (yes I know I'm technically downgrading from x670e yo b650 but the gen 5 ssd and pcie slot are no use for me, even for futureproofing) has a terrible bios, when i turn it on sometimes it gets stuck on the boot or the dram led or it boots normally. Tried everything and it's a nightmare. Don't buy asus 😞

1 minute ago, AAVVIronAlex said:

It also has this weird issue (present with the January BIOS patch) that it does not output the BIOS using the dedicated GPU, even if the iGPU is disabled.

Well, that's weird. I have the exact same problem!

Just now, DudeWhatTheN said:

Yeah, I can understand buggy BIOSes, my current x670e TUF (yes I know I'm technically downgrading from x670e yo b650 but the gen 5 ssd and pcie slot are no use for me, even for futureproofing) has a terrible bios, when i turn it on sometimes it gets stuck on the boot or the dram led or it boots normally. Tried everything and it's a nightmare. Don't buy asus 😞

I always buy ASUS, it should be because you are using a fresh platform. The platform was a success, but the motherboards are kind of out of order.

Just now, DudeWhatTheN said:

Well, that's weird. I have the exact same problem!

That is widespread, nothing you can really do besides waiting for a BIOS update. I suspect it being a thing to do with the now widespread APU thing AMD has going on.

1 minute ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

No issues with my B650 TUF PLUS WIFI and I have used it in 15+ builds without ANY issues so far.  I love ASUS motherboards 🙂

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

No issues with my B650 TUF PLUS WIFI and I have used it in 15+ builds without ANY issues so far.  I love ASUS motherboards 🙂

Nice, I love Asus motherboards too!

12 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I've had nothing but problems with my motherboard, but I'm happy at least the majority of people had nice Experiences with Asus