Is it crucial to have an iGPU on CPUs for rendering?

I'm going to pair RTX 3060 12 GB with i5-12400F. I'll use it for 1080p gaming and some video editing/rendering on Davinci Resolve as a hobby. A step up from i5-12400F to i5-12400 costs as much as $60 and I'm on a budget, I already gave up on AMD GPU because Nvidia GPUs apparently have better rendering performance. Local forums I asked about this question majorly got the answer "go with the i5-12400F" but guys from the Blackmagic forum say an iGPU in CPU will make a big improvement in performance and suggests the i5-12400. Which CPU should I go for?

From my understanding, it depends of you will use h.265/HEVC or not. If yes, then there will be a benefit with iGPU, if not then it won't matter.

Take that with some salt tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, Mihle said:

From my understanding, it depends of you will use h.265/HEVC or not. If yes, then there will be a benefit with iGPU, if not then it won't matter.

Probably I won't, even if I have to it wouldn't be a problem if I have to wait an extra minute.

51 minutes ago, Mihle said:

The Nvidia GPU also has hardware accelerated encoding and decoding of HEVC. 

I can't see any reason why an iGPU would help in this use case. I would go for the F model without an iGPU. 

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The Nvidia GPU also has hardware accelerated encoding and decoding of HEVC. 

I can't see any reason why an iGPU would help in this use case. I would go for the F model without an iGPU. 

After little bit more research, Yes, they have hardware accelerated encoding and decoding for some types of HEVC but not all of them, like Intel iGPU do have, in DaVinci Resolve.

Source: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/what-h-264-and-h-265-hardware-decoding-is-supported-in-davinci-resolve-studio-2122/

image.thumb.png.edb45af077d152219176ba64ce546af6.png

When I wrote what I said the text I did read only talked about HEVC 4:2:2, not 4:2:0. Didnt realize it was different, my mistake, sorry.

So as correction to what I said:

It depends if you will use HEVC/h.265 4:2:2 or not. If you dont then it doesnt matter.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking