are there any resources similar to overthewire but for learning to code?

Hey Everyone 馃檪
I was wondering if anyone knows of any resources similar to overthewire.org's guided CTFs, I found Bandit very useful for learning to use BASH.
and i really liked that my hand wasn't completely held the whole way, just a list of commands that might be useful, i then looked up the man pages for those commands and and found the password for the next level.

i would love an experience like that with Programming Projects, being given a list of Libraries that might be helpful or some sort of mini guide that describes how to solve the problem without just giving me the answer.

I really appreciate any knowledge you have to share and thank you for your time.

Programming is about writing code and not using a set of predefined commands like what you have done with Bash. There are libraries but you won't be able to use them without properly implementing code that uses them and solve the problem.

It also comes down to what your want to learn and/or what you want to do with that knowledge?

I want to learn Java, Python, C#. i want to setup a wireless charging pad on my desk and have my phone turn on wifi debugging if it is charging and connected to a specific bluetooth device (i want to use the bluetooth device kind of as a security key, so im not just turning wifi debugging on, on any network) and connect to my phone as soon as it appears on the network and meets the charging and bluetooth constraints above using scrcpy.

the overarching goal is that i want to bring my phone to my desk and have it's screen shared to my computer whenever i place it on the charging stand on my desk.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:29 AM, Papamax said:

want to learn Java, Python, C#

Realistically you won't. You can spend some time to get the syntax but to learn how to write good code takes way more time. Then you are working with selected software stacks so your experience is focused on one "category".

On 7/21/2023 at 3:32 AM, Papamax said:

Hey Everyone 馃檪
I was wondering if anyone knows of any resources similar to overthewire.org's guided CTFs, I found Bandit very useful for learning to use BASH.
and i really liked that my hand wasn't completely held the whole way, just a list of commands that might be useful, i then looked up the man pages for those commands and and found the password for the next level.

i would love an experience like that with Programming Projects, being given a list of Libraries that might be helpful or some sort of mini guide that describes how to solve the problem without just giving me the answer.

I really appreciate any knowledge you have to share and thank you for your time.

CodeAcademy,聽MIT OCW

There is approximately a 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply