Help with second Pcie slot

GodKingInaros

Okay so, I've ran into some issues due to my own fault for not reading up on this. Recently I bought myself a pcie NVME adapter and placed it on the second pcie slot (meant for GPU's, I can't recall their technical name) and saw it wasn't working. I thought at first it was the nvme, so I tried it on another slot and it was fine. Then I thought maybe the adapter wasn't working, so I placed my GPU on the second pcie slot and my GPU wasn't displaying. Then, I read up that using up both M.2 NVME lanes on your motherboard disables the second pcie slot.

My question is, is there a way of enabling it, or is it forever disabled until one of the M.2 nvme slots isn't occupied anymore?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What motherboard is this? All boards are different. 

If its disabled when a m.2 is used there isn't anything you can do.

This is an MSI MAG B550M Mortar Max Wi-fi, and if so then damn, that's a shame. I suppose I'll get a SATA adapter instead.

2 minutes ago, GodKingInaros said:

This is an MSI MAG B550M Mortar Max Wi-fi, and if so then damn, that's a shame. I suppose I'll get a SATA adapter instead.

What ssd are you trying to use? You cang get a sata adapter to use a pcie/nvme ssd.

You can get ana adapter from pcie x1 to m.2, although at a reduced speed, and you need to make sure the gpu doesn't cover those slots.